Hot Simmental bulls

Help Support Steer Planet:

buckeyelover2015

Looking to breed some maine x angus & simmy x angus cows to simmental bulls...Ive been out of the simmy deal for a while (last popular bull we used was SOS & Maximus lol) Looking for blaze faces and good enough API numbers...Heard good things about High Regard and Lock n Load sons but thats about it.

Thanks in advance!

hntwhitetail

I'm going to be trying some Heads Up 20x this spring on a few.  He has had some high sellers.

Steve123

Based on semen price it looks like W/C Loaded Up is the hottest bull today.

sizzler14

Blaze of Glory hasn't sired a calf has he? I think this guy is looking for a good proven bull, not the most publized and pushed. I don't know if Lautner is a name I associate with producing a game changing maternal bull. I like most of the ones provided, i would also look at Houston and if you weren't set on blazes I'd check into Ruby's Wide Open and Pays to Believe

firesweepranch

We have sampled Select Sires HPF Optimizer, and are very happy so far. We have a November born heifer calf that will go into our show string.
I also like the way Cut Above, or Fat Butt, and his brother Final Cut, has crossed on our Angus.

Chuck Wagon

What are the odds that a Blaze Face bull throws a blaze face calf on a solid black tone cow?
50/50? 

rf21970

Chuck Wagon said:
What are the odds that a Blaze Face bull throws a blaze face calf on a solid black tone cow?
50/50?

We have had 4 GCC Whizzard (only 50% sim I think) calves born to black cows this year and all have bald, blaze, or star markings. Best results of any white/blaze faced sim bull we have used.

Lucky_P

White/blaze faces are kind of a crapshoot; hard to predict.  But I keep shooting for them.

PRS Blazin Hot W192 has been most consistent for us, so far as getting blaze/white faces out of solid black and bwf SimAngus cows - and I'm really liking the calves as they're getting closer to weaning; have some tremendous Blazin Hot daughters in this crop.

Have been surprised when I've bred bulls like Long's Shear Pleasure and JF Milestone - both with lots of white... to white-faced high % Simmental cows... and get solid black calves.
And, breeding solid blacks like Triple C Singletary & Dikeman's Sure Bet to black-faced cows and getting major white faces!

OhioKid

WS Stepping Stone was sold as a Step Up son. I assume he has recently been DNA tested to Lock Down. Either way he's a great looking bull.

firesweepranch

https://www.facebook.com/282549455126908/photos/a.288378487877338.62220.282549455126908/818386354876546/

His semen is sold privately, not likely to be picked up and sold for a cheap enough price to use in AI. As most know, all sires used for AI have to be DNA tested prior to selling of any semen. Didn't Walsh run Lock Down for clean up? If so, Stepping Stone was likely thought to be an AI sired calf, when he actually was sired by the clean up bull. That is the benefit of running a great clean up bull, even the resulting calves are better quality!

bthibodeau

Apparently they thought he was but when his genomics got sent in there was a conflict and they found out that he was actually sired by Lock Down

buckeyelover2015

What has Lock Down, A Step Up and One Eyed Jack been working on? Those 3 are the most intriguing to me with affordable prices