HOUSTON

Help Support Steer Planet:

DCC show cattle

We will be leaving Caldwell around 9 so be in line around 11 or so I would be interested in meeting some guys on here if you cant find us in the line (Silver chevy with a 24 foot elite with a doonan family show cattle sticker on the right side ramp) we will have a brangus (hopefully) so come find us around the ring on classifying day goodluck everyone!

MBB

WOW!! Intelligent? Not so much! To sit around n argue about a prediction? Get a life people! Jus cz a bonham steer won san antonio or whatever doesn't mean they will continue to win!!! Seriously I think its you all being a bit imature and still sore losers about SA!! I'm sure yall didn't have a damn thing that could win anyways so get the hell over it people!!!!

stangs13

MBB said:
WOW!! Intelligent? Not so much! To sit around n argue about a prediction? Get a life people! Jus cz a bonham steer won san antonio or whatever doesn't mean they will continue to win!!! Seriously I think its you all being a bit imature and still sore losers about SA!! I'm sure yall didn't have a damn thing that could win anyways so get the hell over it people!!!!

A bonham steer didnt win SA? And im not sure if you have seen records for the past few years at Houston...And your right, I dont have a damn thing that would win, I dont have a steer at all! And I didnt compete in SA either. FYI. Sooo..whats your point, besides making yourself look silly?

cowboybecoachin

It is no surprise for a Bonham steer to win ANY show. He raises and/or sells a lotta good ones!

Bone2011

Ok on a lighter note maybe one of you can tell me what happened there when one of the bulls got loose, and the police came and shot him with a tazer? JW saw it on the news last night.

The Show

I'm going down this weekend to fit for a lowline ranch with my buddy, and I'll be there til next Sunday through the Jr. Show

chambero

This judge actually had a much stronger preference for black calves overall than what we usually see at slick shows.

TMJ Show Cattle

DAMN!!!! it sure is fun to let them thar TEXICANS argue with one another.CHAMBERO, can't you referee? Good luck and have fun in Houston.

afhm

GC said:
Ok on a lighter note maybe one of you can tell me what happened there when one of the bulls got loose, and the police came and shot him with a tazer? JW saw it on the news last night.
He broke the latch on his pen  when the chuckwagon racers were leaving the arena and spooked him.  He was was a exra in case a reride was needed.  No police tazer, he was roped and put back in his pen before he got very far.

fed_champions

i thought he was pretty damn good... u may argue that he wasnt the most muscular, and u could be correct, but  i agree with the judge i think he had enough so im satisfied

He was lost in the brahmans, there was a great one in there that didnt make the sale because in his words "these tigerstriped cattle throw me for a loop", and before u say it, he wasn't mine.

afhm

CRB said:
From what i've heard just a nice calf. I was told that he was raised by Randy Dainels so image that he won.
The calf was raised by Maples in Alabama not Daniels.

DCC show cattle

i agree on the brahmans and we didnt have one I was told by a ring steward that he even joked about not knowing what to do with the brahmans!  (lol) the steer that won in my opinion was a freak yall are correct he wasnt the thickest but he was thick stylish and extremely sound for being as thick as he was! I thought daniels did an excellent job and judged it how i thought he would the man is consistent and i am a fan of that we were 3rd in class and he called us on what i knew we were handicapped in. We were too soft and a tick straight on the front end.

JSchroeder

The only placing I saw that I thought he was flat our wrong on was in the HW Brahman class.  The 4th place dun steer was darn good.  A friend, who stood 3rd over him, joked that they flat out stole the spot.

Getting lost in the Brahman class seems to be pretty standard at the majors unless the judge has hands on experience with them.

fed_champions

its gotten to the point where i think they should bring in a helper like they do in the hog deal... one that can judge american cattle, because although im young myself, i think if a kid has a good one they should be rewarded for it... if u can remember the mw brahman class there was a white tiger striped steer from prosper, he may be one of the best Brahmans ive ever seen, he stood 8th, two out of the sale, which is wrong.

A quick description: A stout boned, wide constructed steer who not only offers ample muscle, but he provides a great skeleton, exotic front end(at least for a brahman) and a deep, bold rib design. His only problem is his color and Daniels said himself "these tigerstriped cattle throw me for a loop"

This calf was described as phenominal not only by myself, but by some great judging minds who have proven themselves over the years.

As for the people who want to complain about what he used, i will be right there with you on a few classes where he missed the boat, for ex. the LW limis, MW Brahmans, and the MW Maines, but as for the Overall champs, he used my picks, even though  i did have a friend with the champion Chi, i still liked it Maine then AOB all day

Steer4Caddy

I have always thought Daniels was the best and he proved it again.  We were very fortunatel yes, I won't go into that but he chose complete, sound cattle with muscle.  I thought he did a particularly good job in the LW limmis so I'm not sure what your talking about there.  Granted I didn't watch the Brahmans but you have to know enough by now to expect that.  I told the contending bidder on that brahman last year he would never win breed because of the skin up front he had.  Right or wrong if you pay attention to what these guys have done in the past you know what to expect.

Randy Daniels for President!

WFCC

i remember when people got on here from down south and said that monopoly wasn't working for them slick shearing. looks like a monopoly steer won the show!