How do you like the Charolais heifer?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Mark H

HCF,

I looked at her pedigree and and it is basically Oakdale on the dam side and Scurrtop on the sire side.  This heifer has a calving ease/performance pedigree.  The Oakdale cattle are noted for calving ease with a good REA for calving ease cattle.  The lesson here is that to get a competitive animal even a performance pedigree can turn out show winners.
Whaty do you plan on doing with the heifer selling her? breeding her?

If I ever sell this winner, I must be crazy  :) I plan on breeding her (bred t JCJ Illusion) and since I am so impressed with Amber, I am buying her little sister PCF Ms Astonish sometime after KILE. Astonish is a young heifer calf but she might be better than her sister! Shes out of TC Dukesters Madame aswell but out of SAC Cold Blood instead of Domino. After this calving season, I plan on using Bluegrass on most of my Char. females.

Mark H

HSF,

If you have your heart set on using a LT bull.  How about using Three Trees Wind 383?  Good calves and better numbers than Blugrass.  A bull that LT has just purchased the rights to and would be ideal to breed your heifer to would be Winn Lanza.  He has a -1.7 birth weight EPD and a +111 yearling EPD.  Check him out at : http://www.buyagro.com/sparrow2/currentsires.htm.  he is the fifth bull down from the top.

Thanks, Ill be sure to consider him. Im still up for suggestions on bulls for next season so if anyone can contribute to one for amber, please lemme know.

Mark H

HSF,

If you are breeding cows and want to get show ring stock SVY Freedom Pld 307 is the dominant bull right now.  He is fully syndicated so good luck on getting semen from him.  His son Montezuma from GENEX is the best shot on getting Freedom breeding.  Check freedom out and his get at: http://www.buyagro.com/gerrard/freedom.htm.
Dory Gerrard has a Revelation son (Dismukes) that is an absolute tank and is definite herd sire material ;  the best Revelation son I have seen.

Speaking of Revelation, I have my char. cross (char. X angus) bred to him. I tried breeding amber to him but she didnt take.

Amber is doing very well rounding out this show season. She was Grand Champion Char. Female at our state fair and Supreme was between her and an angus. The angus won supreme but weve started her on cotton seed hulls and I can really see an improvement---deeper every day! I will post more results as we show  :)