How do you want to go?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dusty

stumpy said:
When I am about 98 years old I plan on being shot by a jealous husband. :eek:

Thats not all its cracked up to be...  Kinda scares the hell out of ya to tell ya the truth..

dori36

Cowboy said:
RW -- you and I think "ALOT" alike pard.

Last year -- for some reason yet unknown, I had this very conversation with my boys.

They all know I love a good horse, and I have one of the best that's just turning 4 this spring. By the time he gets too old to use, I will be well into my 70's. So I told them this -- I don't want to ever have to worry about having some one come to my "CARE" room to see if I am - well -- clean. If I ever get to the point where I can't take care of myself, I ain't going to no senior care center. Just strap me on Dunny's back -- with no bridle or anything else -- and we'll go off together.

I would consider it an honor to go out with one of my best friends ever!

Terry

Hey, Terry, one of my best ever horses was also named "Dunny".  A red dun gelding that literally taught me to rope.  He did everything - all I had to do was throw the rope and pull the slack!  He did everything else!  And, I didn't learn to rope 'til I was in my 50's!  Thanks to Dunny, I still have all 10 fingers and was lucky enough to never have an accident!

Dusty

Cowboy said:

Last year -- for some reason yet unknown, I had this very conversation with my boys.

They all know I love a good horse, and I have one of the best that's just turning 4 this spring. By the time he gets too old to use, I will be well into my 70's. So I told them this -- I don't want to ever have to worry about having some one come to my "CARE" room to see if I am - well -- clean. If I ever get to the point where I can't take care of myself, I ain't going to no senior care center. Just strap me on Dunny's back -- with no bridle or anything else -- and we'll go off together.

Terry

I've always kind of thought along those lines too.  If I ever get to the point where I can't take care of myself I'm gonna wait for one of those 40 below blizzards, grad a bottle of whiskey, bed down in a fence row somwhere and cash in my fun chips.

RSC

Dusty said:
Cowboy said:

Terry

I've always kind of thought along those lines too.  If I ever get to the point where I can't take care of myself I'm gonna wait for one of those 40 below blizzards, grad a bottle of whiskey, bed down in a fence row somwhere and cash in my fun chips.
There you go Dusty!  I'd grab 2 bottles, those mountian snow storms can be nasty?

Tony

Davis Shorthorns

now as much as I like Stumpys way, I was thinking at 200 mph in a brand new corvette going around a corner WAY to fast up in the mountains.  That or sitting in my duck blind watching my dog bring back a triple of green heads. 

justintime

My neighbours lost their 19 year old son in a car accident and they had him cremated. They have his vase with his ashes sittiing on top of the TV . They say it is the first time since he was 14 years old that they knew where he was at night.

I just hope that I go like my grandfather did.... in his sleep...... and not screaming like his 3 passangers did!

ROAD WARRIOR

How very ironic that Red started this post. I can't help but think she may have known more than she let on to anyone. (angel) RW

chambero

I think the good Lord sometimes gives the best of us a chance to think about things and prepare ourselves.  Whether we are really aware of it or not.  You hear of too many people randomly bringing things up like this before passing.

Jill

I can't think of a better way to go than in my sleep worn out from a cattle show, loved by the people I have helped in the world, maybe she knew and maybe she didn't, but what a non remarkable ending to a remarkable life!  RIP

Throttle

red said:
Ok, this is a morbid thread! I was thinking today since it's about the anniversary of my grandmother's passing. My family does not do viewings & both the hubby & I agree. At her funeral they had a bagpipe player walk in at the last of the ceremony. it was so touching because she was very proud of her Scottish heritage. she actually went to Scotland in her 90's!

My grandfather was cremated & his ashes scattered over his farm. Somehow I see that being my choice except it would be in our cow pasture.

My other grandmother donated her body to the OSU medical school. there was no body to be buried. Don't like that idea but I am an eye, tissue & organ donor.

anyone else ever give this a thought or am I just weird?

Red   (angel)

How about after a great day of many hours socializing with friends and folks with interests similar to my own, maybe at the Ohio Beef Expo or someplace fun like that, especially if they have record crowds and the most beautiful weather that I ever remember, I go peacefully in my sleep. Sounds like the way to go to me. Ever heard someone say, "Must've been livin' right"? God rest her soul.

Cattledog

Throttle said:
How about after a great day of many hours socializing with friends and folks with interests similar to my own, maybe at the Ohio Beef Expo or someplace fun like that, especially if they have record crowds and the most beautiful weather that I ever remember, I go peacefully in my sleep. Sounds like the way to go to me. Ever heard someone say, "Must've been livin' right"? God rest her soul.

Well said Throttle!  God Bless!

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
During the years I wittnessed  a guy that kinda had his own plan an was kinda funny.  Bill was a fun  loving guy had five kids, got divoced had a couple more , was a real good business man but couldn't make money fast enough to keep up wih the booze an the women an the kids but he would have done anything for you  if you' d  drink a beer with him. In later years he started having money enough to keep up with his life style an his health was getting bad.  Any way when he went , he was in Florida with a new girl friend  , headed on a cruise an I'm sure she paid for it. Some how during the  later years he must have gave one of the kids  a 1000 dollars to have a party after his funeral , an they had movies playing of different things he had done.  He was cremated an I don't know who paid for that an they had a funeral at the graveyard with a yearn to hold his ashes, an my wife was related to the kids , so we were there when  it was over an ever one was heading to the party his kids had set up.  His ashes were  in the yearn an one of the kids said should we take dad, an the other kid said  sure dad wouldn't want to miss this party an away we went .