How dry is it?

Help Support Steer Planet:

FriedgesCharolais

Just curious how dry everyone is? I would really appreciate some pictures of your crops! Up here in NE Iowa we are pretty darn dry and our corn is going to be tasseling in the next few days so we are prying to get some rain during pollinating time. Thanks for your replys!

firesweepranch

Our "crops" are grass, and I think we have lost that battle. All around the corn is being chopped because it is dried out, some only 2 feet tall! Not good here in Missouri! Oh, that little bit of green in the corner is because I ran a sprinkler near the house to cool the cows off!

Attachments

• back home.jpg
    back home.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 381

Cowboy

This should pretty much tell the story here -- all by itself!

Good grief, never seen anything like this year out here -- it is B A D

Terry

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 228

ChristaCheatham

Looks to be the same here in Indiana. Can't load any pics but our corn is starting to tassel and there are hardly any ears on it. Most of the crops are done around here. Thought we were going to get rain last night suring thunder and lightning, but not a single drop :(

shortii

Where I am in Michigan everything is looking pretty bad, we are feeding hay and all of the corn is twisted up and looking really bad. We started wheat earlier than we ever have and dad was saying this summer is acting exactly like it did in 1988, he said it was so dry that year they couldn't even plant navy beans. Then in the fall he had to buy tracks for his combine because it was so wet and they had to harvest what little actually grew.

blinggirl

Looking Pretty rough in IL ....all over the state ...everything is gonna be hurting if we dont get some rain ... we only got about 20 big squares of the hay this cutting which we normally do 3-4 ..hasent grown since we cut it 1st of june ..... looks like we are gonna need some more hay to feed the momma cows !

lazy76

2 tenths of an inch in 23 months, dryest on record since the dust bowl

bruiser

My soybeans have had 9/10s on them since planting. They look OK but corn is really hurting. I have a patch of alfalfa that is 1 year old that made 50 sm. square bales off of 4 acres. Rains get within 20 miles and disappear.  A neighbor told me yesterday that he saw 2 hummingbirds carrying a waterjug.

FriedgesCharolais

Well the corn wasnt lookin too bad until today it was 95 and talkin like it is suppose to stay like this all week and the corn is starting to show signs of drought stress especially on the edges of the fields next too ditches and alfalfa fields bascially anything that will take moisture away from it but the one thing i have noticed is that the dekalb corn is doin a lot better against drought than any other brand out there!