How good is MONOPOLY, IS IT WORTH IT .

Help Support Steer Planet:

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
FACTS -hAD TEN UNITS earlier this year that I flushed with , had satisfactory results out of that semen,also other flushes for my TECHNICAN was very good, no way of know color code ....
Matt delivered 20 units in Sept. ,paid 25.00 a unit , so far used 5 units an all cows  come came back in heat , other semen used was clubby  an Charolais an normal conception, semen was green color code, this makes  this business very frustrating ...any suggestions ....I plan to waste a unit an get it tested at a semen testing facility , proably won't get any Monopolys this fall unless out of the eggs colected ....Someone mentioned this might be Hawkeye semen....

nebraskadave

Can't help ya with this one, but if you want some "Rawhide" semen give me a call, I'd make ya good deal.

Cowboy

Freddy -- I just did a flush last week with two different collections on Monolpy -- one was delivered to him last year -- collection date was 8-14 of 08 -- and was GREEN but had a 54 collection center code -- that does not match Hawkeye's #90 code -- maybe have been one of thier customer on farm colectors who did it.

The other cane brought me was Blue and was from REI this past summer -- 6 of 09 .

I graded the semen from both canes before going to the donor -- the Green one was 65% on my scope, and I gave the Blue on 55-60 %. Keep in mind I breed them only ONE time, so it was 12-30 AM and no way could I talk to the owner then, he may have been furious. I bred the donor with the green Left horn, and the Blue right horn.

She had 16 eggs total -- ALL fertilized, two were degenerates from what ever reason, and I froze 12 #1, and 2 #2. She is a Chi-Maine cow.

I was also very worried for him, as we did a bunch of donors a few weeks ago in Ok and had terrible results from thier breeding to Monoply. One stop only had 18 total fertile eggs from 13 donor cows, and they bred them twice each! WOW

I think you may have to REALLY be on target timing wize with his semen, if you breed them even an hour too early -- you will not get them fertilized. It seems to be slow, and may not be living very long at that. Breed them a little later and I think you may get along better partner! Worth a try any way!!

Sorry for your bad luck.

Terry

Freddy

North central -- Nebraska on highway 183 - 30 mi
Cowboy -guess I get worked up to much, isn't the first time I have had bad luck , must be carry over from football game last night.  Matt called wished I had called him first  an I should have, I need to check it an find out .  Guess I could still get 75% with the 15 left an that would be very good.. Thanks you  for all the help.

muleman

I talked 4 years ago to cowboy about breeding cows. He told me to breed them later, i believe he even said up to 4 hrs after standing. I don't breed them until they stop standing and I have been 100% since. I believe that the timing is the most critical factor. I hope I just have not jinxed myself but I have used bulls that have quote bad semen. I would put my trust in this guy called COWBOY just because of my success after talking to him about breeding cows. Breed when the time is right for the best success not the most convenient. Thanks Cowboy for all your help.

Cowboy

Thanks for the compliments guys, I wonder some times if what I say makes any sense to some -- but it is what I do, and it flat works well.

I apologize for any typos you will continue to see when I post -- it is usually due to me getting in a hurry, and if I fail to proof it afterwards, and I just post it -- well -- it may look like I just fell out of a tree some place and was a little goofy! hehehe

I do get in a hurry at times, but NOT when it comes to breeding -- go take a nap -- it works out better!! hehehe

See ya folks -- have a good X-mas!

Terry

BadgerFan

Cowboy said:
Freddy -- I just did a flush last week with two different collections on Monolpy -- one was delivered to him last year -- collection date was 8-14 of 08 -- and was GREEN but had a 54 collection center code -- that does not match Hawkeye's #90 code -- maybe have been one of thier customer on farm colectors who did it.

The other cane brought me was Blue and was from REI this past summer -- 6 of 09 .

I graded the semen from both canes before going to the donor -- the Green one was 65% on my scope, and I gave the Blue on 55-60 %. Keep in mind I breed them only ONE time, so it was 12-30 AM and no way could I talk to the owner then, he may have been furious. I bred the donor with the green Left horn, and the Blue right horn.

She had 16 eggs total -- ALL fertilized, two were degenerates from what ever reason, and I froze 12 #1, and 2 #2. She is a Chi-Maine cow.

I was also very worried for him, as we did a bunch of donors a few weeks ago in Ok and had terrible results from thier breeding to Monoply. One stop only had 18 total fertile eggs from 13 donor cows, and they bred them twice each! WOW

I think you may have to REALLY be on target timing wize with his semen, if you breed them even an hour too early -- you will not get them fertilized. It seems to be slow, and may not be living very long at that. Breed them a little later and I think you may get along better partner! Worth a try any way!!

Sorry for your bad luck.

Terry

54 code is Hawkeye Breeders, Adel, IA.  90 code is Genex Hawkeye West, Billings, MT.  Pretty sure Monopoly was at Adel, not Billings.

TMJ Show Cattle

I just had this discussion with several friends in Okla. They have bred many cows to Monopoly. According to them,they have been checking every tenth straw. The conception rate on Monopoly has not been any better or any worse than any other bull that they have used in the past two or three years. ALL of their semen comes from R.E.I. in Stillwater. I can remember in past years of dumping alot of Mossy Oak semen,just when he was "hot".I don't think there are any unordinary difference in most bulls. I do think all bulls are drawn on way to much before they have developed their reproductive system.Money is the name of the "game' and that won't change.I hope he continues producing,and I hope he is good enough to replace his daddy. We sold a steer to Mark Copus last weekend and he told me he wished he had a pen of them to sell.He said the one's he has gotten, were the most complete steers he has ever had,even under all the "hair". Not to mention how much easier to calve, compared to HW.

BAILEYFARMS

I have had good luck with monoply.some of the flushes cowboy talked about took place at my house had one cow go 9 of 12 and one go 3 for 12 she hasn't a fertile eggs in three trys. Now heat wave 5 semen is a different story had two cows go 0 for 12 all ufo's.

Latest posts