How is harvest in your part of the world?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Silver

we haven't got any rain to speak of for the last 2 months. Dry and cool, just the way the cows and the crops like it. Everything is falling right, except we had massive amounts of vowel damage. The manager of the valley country store told me that he sold more prozap this year than he had in the previous 25.

Davis Shorthorns

around here corn is almost 3/4 done with average yeilds around 130 dryland.  Milo is just starting and havent heard anything about yeilds yet.  Beans are starting to turn probably be cutting them by the second week of October. 

vc

Around here it is citrus, avocados, and ornamental Sun flowers, Every field that can have sunflowers, does and they harvest them like every 6 weeks it seems, as soon as they harvest them they are planting more. Must be some money in them for so many fields of them. Some times they have 4 or 5 different types they are harvesting and they are all hand harvested. Hilly country where everything is irrigated.

Woody

Central MI....... Dry pastures but corn is coming off slowly and in good shape compared to last year.  Soys are a couple of weeks off and final cutting of hay is going good.  guess i cant complain.

Shady Lane

It got down to 22 degrees F here last night which is about the last thing we needed, this hard frost is going to ruin a lot of immature crops.

The cool wet weather has been slow to bring crops around to ripening. It's a pretty solemn day around here.

:'(

Okotoks

Shady Lane said:
It got down to 22 degrees F here last night which is about the last thing we needed, this hard frost is going to ruin a lot of immature crops.

The cool wet weather has been slow to bring crops around to ripening. It's a pretty solemn day around here.

:'(
We didn't get that low but there was some bad frosts the last two nights. There are lots of crops with green in them will have been damaged.

flacowman

Temp got up to 99 today in the Florida panhandle...peanuts are getting into motion, cotton is rolling, corn is mostly done, and beans are still a ways from done.  The drought is really helping everything except for beans and late peanuts.

blue

I live in south central Saskatchewan.  This years growing season was a nightmare.  From a lot of people not being able to get their crops in, to the ones now that cant get them off.  There was plenty of hay, but very little of that was put up with no rain on it.  It has pretty much rained for 2 weeks straight here.  A couple nights ago the temperature got down to -5.  There was a lot of lush crops, and grass that people have turned there cows on, now the possibility of nitrate poisoning. Crops that should of been harvested weeks ago are now sprouting in the swath and sprouting standing.  What we need now is some wind and some heat.  Weather forcast says wind for next few days and then come thursday 16 degrees. 

aj

I got my medical marejuana planted late but the pioneer triple stack roundup 25937 wacko delux has held up well in the strip till plots......just kidding.