How much are monopoly calves worth?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Silver

I was thinking about flushing to monopoly from a meyer-angus cow. Lots of cost their so I have to make sure everything pays off. I was actually thinking about keeping some of my best as bulls, but I don't have a clue what they would be worth. I would sell them somewhere between 12-18 months. I know there is a lot of variables there, but a ball park figure is all I need.

kk

About as much as you would pay for a clubby clean up bull would be what there worth

vet tech

Monopoly is half angus, are you sure you want to flush him to a half angus cow? just a thought I mean some people want to do that, and theres nothing wrong with it but its something to think about. Goodluck with the flush!

jimbob123

Monopoly will not work on a half angus cow imo. Use walks alone or heat wave.

R1Livestock

We went out on a limb and did a Monopoly x SOS x 9FB3 flush.  We'll see the results.  For top notch show steers, will they work being 1/2 angus? I don't think so.  Could 1/4 Heat Wave 1/4 Sim 1/2 angus make some females that are very interesting for today's show ring?  I think so.  IF they milk, think of them as possible show steer producers?  There are some mighty good cows in these heifer calves backgrounds to propogate maternal abilities.  It could all be a useless waste, but I think it could work out well.  If you want to make only steers use something like Walks Alone, or pretty much any Heatwave clone/son/tight 3 way bull.

Show Heifer

As much as you can get, and as cheap as someone can buy them!!

If I recall monoply is a carrier correct? So take that into account selling breeding stock.  Unless you get a "great one" and have the connections to promote it, you have nothing more than a clean up bull or replacement heifer being bought by a commercial buyer or small 4-H herd.
Plan accordingly!

Bulldaddy

I beg to differ.  I think he will work just fine on a 1/2 Angus, 1/2 Simmi cow.  Probably not on a purebred Angus though.

jimbob123 said:

vet tech

jimbob123 said:
I agree 100 percent, if you want bone, hair, etc. use these bulls. I just wouldnt risk the chance of having the lack of hair, stoutness and bone that a lot of half angus calves have