how to get angus calves to grow hair???

Help Support Steer Planet:

RochholzFarms

we have a little over a month until our fair i need as much hair as possibly she is in a cool room but im not sure if it will be enough i cant get it any colder is there any other tricks???

wyatt

breed ur cows to lutton (if thats the bull im thinking of) tht wont help for this year tho lol

gary89

RochholzFarms said:
we have a little over a month until our fair i need as much hair as possibly she is in a cool room but im not sure if it will be enough i cant get it any colder is there any other tricks???
Natural glow from ADM/Moormans will help also. Rinse, brush, rinse, brush etc.

AAOK

gary89 said:
RochholzFarms said:
Natural glow from ADM/Moormans will help also. Rinse, brush, rinse, brush etc.

It's now called Healthy Glo.  But the best thing to do is breed her to a good Maine-Anjou bull.

Lodoen Cattle

Key word in this question is ANGUS. Not club calves. It is very difficult to "grow" hair in the summer, but it can be made softer which will make it pop more.  I use Double Dip and Mane and Tail conditioner to do the trick.  Lot of brushing and rinsing also. Good Luck!

FMF

Rinse and repeat!!

We do not have a cool room and all our angus have hair...and all we do is rinse them every night and brush. You can also get a cool collar, that keeps them cool plus stimulates hair growth. We also put ice cubes on their back and leave them on until they melt.

The hair supplements are O.K, but can get expensive and you can't just depend on them to do the job.

A mix that also helps with daily hair care is Sullivan's Double Dip and Russ's Rag Oil. Put it on at night and rinse out in the morning or visa versa.

Hope that helps :) Good luck.

wyatt

LMB said:
Key word in this question is ANGUS. Not club calves. It is very difficult to "grow" hair in the summer, but it can be made softer which will make it pop more.  I use Double Dip and Mane and Tail conditioner to do the trick.  Lot of brushing and rinsing also. Good Luck!
i dont believe he said club calf he said Maine anjou 2 diff things alot of club calves like monopoly heatwave and such are more angus than anything

[email protected]

This is something we have done at one time or another.  After you rinse before you blow her out pour a 5 gallon bucket of ice cold water down her back.  Water could have been refrigerated.  Just get it colder than normal.  it wil shock the skin and send waves to the brain that the temp has dramatically dropped.

Also make sure when you blow them out that the heating element is not turned on.

Remember that she is angus,  she may not grow hair till nature tells her too.    Good luck.

<cowboy>

AAOK

RochholzFarms said:
healthy glo as in the horse feed????

Yes, the Horse feed.  Great stuff for hair growth and condition.  Will also promote muscle development.