How to sweat a steers neck

Help Support Steer Planet:

baldy

What is the most effective way to sweat a steers neck prior to a show.  I have heard of a few different techniques.  What is the best way.

TK Show2win

Get one of those purple neck sweats from sullivans. They are neoprene and work very well. Use them at night and then take it off in the morning to let their skinn breathe out, because if you leave them on over 12 hours they can start loosing hair.

baldy

I have a purple neck sweat from sullivans.  I have seen people wrap necks with celephane etc. the day of the show and it works great.  I was wanting to see what is best to use and how to do it.

ROAD WARRIOR

If you want to really sweat one down - soak them down with mouthwash, wrap them in celophane and then put your neoprene sweat on. Take it off in the morning and rinse. RW

greenbean

Sweating a calves neck gives it that really tight clean appearing neck that we all love so much  (lol)

CJC

baldy said:
I have a purple neck sweat from sullivans.  I have seen people wrap necks with celephane etc. the day of the show and it works great.  I was wanting to see what is best to use and how to do it.

Never tried it; but I had a guy tell me he used celephane and hemorrhoid medicine (like 7 tubes at one time) on a steer and he said it shrunk it up over night.