HSUS - Now Supported by Pilot Travel Centers

Help Support Steer Planet:

Haynes Livestock

I encourage every one of you to boycott or voice you disapproval of Pilot Travel Centers being a "featured corporate sponsor" of HSUS. This is ridiculous. It's up to us to let people know that FARMERS AND RANCHERS know more about the welfare and health of our animals than anyone! Inform them that healthy, happy animals equal profit.. so who in their right mind would abuse their livestock? It's just not profitable. Also let them know that you DON'T support animal cruelty, as I know none of us do! Maybe even tell them a story about the times you've spent in the cold pulling calves or helping your cows in some way. Thanks!

knabe

for those of us who are facebook challenged, how do you voice one's concerns?

how do you truncate your name so it's not so "complete" for hacking purposes.

facebook seems like such a hack magnet.

Haynes Livestock

Well, honestly, I don't really know! I guess I am somewhat facebook challenged myself.. but if you figure it out, just click "Become a Fan" (I know, I hated it too) at the top of the page I posted. Then you will see a box at the top to "write on their wall".. and just write away! Maybe that helps? As for the name thing I honestly don't know.. maybe someone else on here can help? There's been a lot of hits today from those on both sides of the fence.. it seems the ag side has been civil and factual while the animal activists have insulted and been emotional.. so we're off to a great start!! Now if everyone boycotts.. truckers, if you're on the roads, get on your CB's and let all the other truckers know what's going on.. if we hit their pocketbooks we'll make a real difference!

Haynes Livestock

Huge news! Pilot just released it's statement about the ordeal. It says:
"For six years, Pilot has allowed customers to contribute donations at stores in an effort to help save animals. Donations are distributed to these areas: local animal shelters, training for service dogs to assist impaired individuals, rural veterinary service & to rescue abandoned animals. Funds donated to HSUS are specifically restricted to rescuing animals during times of natural disaster & home foreclosures. We appreciate our customers’ comments regarding animal issues and will continue to evaluate our efforts."
http://www.facebook.com/pilottravelcenters?v=box_3&ref=ts

A success folks!! We have made our voices heard and I truly believe we have influenced Pilot's decision. Thank you to everyone who has took part in voicing your disapproval! Pilot will donate money to HSUS under the strict policy that donations will only go towards rescuing animals during times of natural disaster and home foreclosures. Now our job is to make sure no other large companies fall prey to HSUS and their tactics! Way to go :)

steerpimp

F.Y.I. the majority owner of pilot is running for governor of Tennessee. Cattle people may get more traction by re-directing their displeasure to his campaign web site. P.S. I wonder how many cow people buy fuel at Pilot vs. animal-rightests.

LN

The same thing happened with Yellow Tail wine. Farmers, ranchers, hunters, and sporting dog owners bombarded their facebook fan page with disapproving comments about their $100,000 donation to HSUS. Then Yellow Tail issued a statement saying that the funds would be directed to HSUS's animal rescue team, which still didn't please anyone. A week ago Yellow Tail issued a statement saying that they never expected such a negative outcome from their donation to HSUS (boneheads) and further said they would never again donate money to an animal rights lobbying group.

So, HSUS still got their money, but a small victory for agriculture. Hopefully other companies will take note from what happened.