Hunting Montana n/c

Help Support Steer Planet:

Stihlpro

If you don't get drawn for a deer tag, are there alot of land owner tags available?  I'm sure most of the outfitters have claim to them for guided trips but just curious.  The reason I ask is, I have a student/employee who is going to Montana State next year.  Hunting is his passion and he applied for an out of state tag but did not get drawn.  I'm trying to find out if it's at all possible for him to still get a tag without paying a thousand dollars plus to go on a guided trip.  If it helps any, this kid is outstanding!  Easily one of the top 3 students I have worked with in 10yrs of teaching.  If there are any leads or sources out there please feel free to PM me!

- Thanks!

chambero

I do a lot of hunting in the west, everywhere but Montana.  But I'm pretty sure you can get hold of deer tags there without too much trouble.  Just have him call their Game and Fish Department and talk to them about it.  Those folks are usually pretty helpful.  I bet demand for tags was down this year, at least for nonresidents, due to the economy.

Sassy Show Stock

Hmmm... I would imagine you can just get a general non-resident license, but I guess I'm not 100% sure on that, I'm from Wyoming and I know people that come from out of state to hunt here, I THINK my family members have bought nonresident general tags, so if ya cant hunt in Montana, just come down to good ol' wyoming (3ish Hours from MSU Bozeman and 1 1/2 hours from MSU Billings) lol, hope that helps

~Sara