HW Daughter breeding options

Help Support Steer Planet:

Recently acquired an outstanding heatwave female that we plan to flush this coming month and was thinking of possible options. Stud monkey is definitely on the list to see if we can get a repeat of her Louisiana state calf, in my opinion I'd like to see her get a shot more gut and something to keep her calves structurally sound (as good as a job as a clubby can do anyways). If the heifers could be registered as something anything that would be a big plus. Haired or slick doesn't really matter to me, she can throw some shag! Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_4079.PNG
    IMG_4079.PNG
    866.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_3992.JPG
    IMG_3992.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 180

Bradenh

Go ahead and use mudcat heifers will go Arb beefmaster advancers and steers will go the distance as americans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 271
Hasn't been tested yet however I'm gonna be safe and assume she's s carrier, my father suggested business done right as well, from the few I've seen out of HW females they are looking pretty stellar

Bradenh

If you want to be really creative let me know I have a unit of deja vu left as well as GFK, Airhart KC Airhart 577 Airhart 804 and Airhart 122 for sale

What are you trying to make, steers or heifers? If heifers, IMO you can't go wrong with broker, I-80 would be another one to consider.  Both of those matings would result in registerable half bloods.  With the cow being a heat wave, you probably should choose wisely with clubbies to make steers, I've had more than my fair share of calves come out of "lower" BW clubby bulls come out as monsters.  Or make sure your recip herd has no problems having big calves.