I-80 son named Road Trip

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ohio1

firesweepranch said:
BL Ranch said:
The auction opened today I guess, last time I checked it was at $23,333. If everyone on SP chipped in  2 or 3 bucks we could be in on him.

It was same bid as last last night, notice just one bidder??? Not many getting in on this one.
Sold for 36,000 I'd say he's pretty good or just marketing sold that haha

bluffcountrycattle

I'd be curious to know how many people bought semen on him before, after seeing him in Denver, when he was still Road Trip??  Seems like the demand is there now!! 

nkotb

If you do the math, at $36,000, if you get 1/3 semen interest at $25/straw, is $8.33.  I then figured the net that you would get from sement sales to be roughly 1/2, so your looking at making around $4/straw sold.  Figures out to be around 9,000 straws to break even.  I don't know for sure, but I would think as long as he produces decent should have no problem recouping original investment in a couple years.

ZNT

CAB said:
Anyone have any thoughts about a higher % Chi bull that will leave great females without increasing FS too much? If not I guess I keep on using CTR Success.

Can't go wrong with CTR Success.  I really think that is the part of the equation that is making Montego Bay do so well.  And still very unique in the bloodlines these days.

starz20

This Road Trip/I67 stuff is cracking me up. 

No one cared about him when he was "Road Trip", but now he's "and interstate" and he's the ONE.  LOL!  ::) 

Not saying he's not a good bull, but come on. 

lj113

starz20 said:

No one cared about him when he was "Road Trip", but now he's "and interstate" and he's the ONE.  LOL!   ::) 

Wouldn't say no one cared about him, I konw Ryan had at least 16 pages of people wanting semen just in Denver. He is now with the the best marketer in the club calf business.

starz20

lj113 said:
starz20 said:

No one cared about him when he was "Road Trip", but now he's "and interstate" and he's the ONE.  LOL!   ::) 

Wouldn't say no one cared about him, I konw Ryan had at least 16 pages of people wanting semen just in Denver. He is now with the the best marketer in the club calf business.

Ok, wrong wording.  16 pages of people and best marketer have nothing to do with his progeny.  I have personally not seen or heard much about him until now.  Then all of a sudden his name changes and well you know the rest . . . . They can be with the best marketer in the business or whatever, but the bull still has to produce good calves.  Is there any pics of any of his progeny anwhere????  I can't find any. 

farmboy

Matt Lautner could pick out your run of the mill rooster in a coop and successfully promote it as the next great show chicken sire.

tcf

I think marketing aside he is another bull that is meeting a demand in the industry for a low birth weight sire. I am willing to get 5 straws when its up here and breed a few to him, it also helps that his calves are registrable Chi.  36k for a 1/3 intrest, this is not the kind of money you only spend on marketing, you have to have faith in the bulls ability too!

ZNT

TCF said:
I think marketing aside he is another bull that is meeting a demand in the industry for a low birth weight sire. I am willing to get 5 straws when its up here and breed a few to him, it also helps that his calves are registrable Chi. 

Perfect!  We are taking orders right now for our proven easy calving Maine genetics who are also registered Chi's. Not sure I would let a 1/3 semen interest go for $36,000, since they are proven sires.  But you can offer it, and we'll see.  (lol) (clapping) 

http://www.zntcattle.com/2012/02/maine-calving-ease-sires.html