I.80

Help Support Steer Planet:

Gargan

the majority of the bred hfrs ive seen sell this fall have been bred to I80. that tells me that many people have faith in him being easy calving. and to quote wade rodgers in his 1st class female catalog "I cant wait for these I80 bred hfrs to calve. I think he could replace Ali".also, I80 is owned by lautner, wades competitor.

HGC

We had 5 this year out of mature cows.  They averaged 79 lbs.  Never touched a one.  After these results we bred heifers to him this spring.

Shadow Hill Farm

Just like what others have posted I have heard that he's being used on heifers. I'm leaning towards him or Gucci for my heifer.

chiangus

I80 is easy calver both in weight and structure.  Haven't used on a heifer but I don't think we would hesitate to use it.  My turn is also an easy calver.

HGC

Shadow Hill Farm said:
At HGC, how do the calves look? I've only seen a couple here and there and I like what I've seen.
I really like them. He sired our high selling steer, and two high selling heifers.  We have a really nice heifer in the replacement pen and the 5th one we sold for a county fair steer.

I see you were thinking of Gucci.  I've never used him, but have seen half dozen personally, and their pretty leggy and don't have enough guts.  We're going to use alot of I80 on cows and heifers.  I think he will replace Ali.

wyatt

chiangus said:
I80 is easy calver both in weight and structure.  Haven't used on a heifer but I don't think we would hesitate to use it.  My turn is also an easy calver.

are you talking about the my turn that brad hook was promoting cuz he goes back to heat seeker and clubby stuff?????? right (???)

Shadow Hill Farm

HGC said:
Shadow Hill Farm said:
At HGC, how do the calves look? I've only seen a couple here and there and I like what I've seen.
I really like them. He sired our high selling steer, and two high selling heifers.  We have a really nice heifer in the replacement pen and the 5th one we sold for a county fair steer.

I see you were thinking of Gucci.  I've never used him, but have seen half dozen personally, and their pretty leggy and don't have enough guts.  We're going to use alot of I80 on cows and heifers.  I think he will replace Ali.

Thanks HGC. I appreciate the info.  <cowboy>