I Am Angus

Help Support Steer Planet:

r.n.reed

I thought it was a unique twist that they featured a Shorthorn bull in their promo for Monday's upcoming episode.The bull etched into the arch of the Chicago stockyards gate was owned by an Illinois cattleman by the name of John D.Gillette whose family still owns a big chunk of land north of Springfield Il.He was known as the ''Cattle King of the world'' and shipped 2 to 3000 hd of cattle to Europe a year,all Shorthorns of course!

creativecattle

I am really looking forward to watching the show tonight. They are supposed to be highlighting a bunch of the history of the Chicago International.

AmericanAngus

Thanks for your interest in I Am Angus! Glad you enjoy the show. If you missed the season premier, all segments are posted on www.angus.org under videos. Also, if you have a DVR or TiVo, the episode will air again at 2 a.m. (central) Sunday morning on RFD-TV.

sue

What a classic combination shorthorn x angus!  or is it angus x shorthorn cross. Which one is better ;)

lightnin4

sue said:
What a classic combination shorthorn x angus!  or is it angus x shorthorn cross. Which one is better ;)
Depends on whether you have a herd of Angus cows and breed to a Shorthorn bull ...or a herd of Shorthorn cows and breed to an Angus bull! ;)