I-Deliver

Help Support Steer Planet:

tipmover

In my opinion one of the most practical and functional bulls in bulls.  3/4 Maine, Double Clean, and to have that much body, look, and power.  He also in my opinion was one of the soundest and good on his feet.  There were a lot of structure problems in Denver this year.  The full sister to I-Deliver's mom, Anita Loan shown by the Walker Family was amazing, which only helps I-Deliver in my opinion being backed by such powerful genetics.  Another thing that sets him apart for me was the people on him: Reimann Ranches and Griswold Cattle Company.  Anytime those guys get in on a bull they have to be good.
Any other opinions on the bull?

jalebe

Finally, someone that was at the same Denver that I was. I thought that he was the best bull there. And, you are right, there were a lot of splay footed bow legged bulls on display that if you read the postings on here they are the next great thing. I'm glad I got to go see for myself and not just depend on reading Steerplanet.

tipmover

Exactly, I think this year the quality was better than last year, but there were so many train wrecks structurally wise it wasn't funny.  First, people keep talking about the MAB clones, I don't know what they were looking at.  They were so off on the legs and feet it wasn't funny.  They also were really coarse shouldered and wanted to break behind there shoulder.  Yes they were powerfully made, but I don't want calves like that to sell.  Second, Even Better has an extremely cool look, but he is way to small footed in my opinion.  Third, Italian Stallion, who was apparently the best bull in Denver in most peoples opinions.  He had a cool look, had some body and rib, and is out of a pretty good cow, but in the display he wanted to toe out on the fronts and backs.  Then we saw him walk out of the pen and he was an absolute cripple.  My thoughts are why would you use bulls like him when you can just breed to the original Monopoly or MAB.  If I were to pick a clubby bull from Denver it would be American Hustle, awesome bull and I think he will work!  Like I said earlier, I feel I-Deliver was pry the best there in the fact that he was functional and practical in his design.  He is one that will make awesome females and on the right dirty cow could make steers.  And you know he will get used on some amazing cows being owned by the people he is, so watch out next spring!  We will see who the real best bull in Denver was next year when we see the first calf crop, they always weed themselves out.

ANY MORE OPINIONS?

tipmover

I-Deliver is an I-80 out of a Hollywood/Irish Whiskey cow.  His mother is a full sister to that Anita Loan female that the Walker Family won Kansas City with.  He is a registered 3/4 Maine and is double clean.  Having that shot of Whiskey in there and being double clean makes him even more valuable in my opinion.  His picture is on Griswold's website I believe, he took an awesome promo pic.

Richland Farms

Can someone post a link to his picture if they can find one? I have looked and both Griswold's and Reimann's websites and can't find anything. Very interested to see what he looks like! Thanks!

tipmover

Yes Pryor Owns part of him.  Adam was the one that raised I-Deliver as an embryo calf.

Mainevent

I'm sorry that picture isn't very flattering of him. Makes him look flat muscled, flat sided. Not saying he is I didn't see him on display but just my observation of the picture.

sizzler14

Mainevent said:
I'm sorry that picture isn't very flattering of him. Makes him look flat muscled, flat sided. Not saying he is I didn't see him on display but just my observation of the picture.
agreed, when I look at the picture it makes him look really broke and empty behind his shoulders. Can you guys elaborate on this for us since you guys saw him? Sometimes a picture does justice other times it does the complete opposite. I am very curious about him as I posted a thread asking about him. His pedigree is stellar!

tipmover

Yeah that picture doesn't do him justice.  I have seen him in person a few times and that is not a problem for him at all.  I think he has all the pieces to be a great one.  He just isn't your typical high maine.  There are a lot of maine females out there that could use a shot of body and bone.  I think that's where he will excel in the fact that purebred breeders can use him and show cattle breeders can use him also.

misty

Here is a picture of I-Deliver that I took.  I thought he was the best
non carrier bull there may have to try him out this spring.

Attachments

• DSCN0118.JPG
    DSCN0118.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 617