I have a serious problem.

Help Support Steer Planet:

beaner jane

It is almost four o'clock in the morning. We are all friends here, so I am not even going to try and lie to you fine people, I haven't even tried to sleep yet. I can't help but look at all the bull pictures from Denver. I am only 20 years old. You would think I would have something better to do with my time then look at cattle on line. I need help. You know what they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

vet tech

I hope it's not a problem...cause thats what I'm doing. (clapping)

beaner jane

That is what I like about this place. All the negative things other people find wrong with me, you guys think are just fine.

Torch

Just wait until you get to hauling your semen tank around. Everyone will think you're weird having it in the back seat and buckled up.  ;)

You will get the funniest looks when you tell them what it is. :eek:

CAB

When I was your age, I had so many directories, sire summeries beside the bed , it was crazy. Now I can't stay awake and if I could, I wouldn't be able to remember what I had read last night anyhow. LOL. Brent

the angus111

I call it PASSION.I told my wife ,having cattle is like living a dream,she said welcome to her nightmare.Rusty

justintime

I agree with Rusty. When I was young, I remember my parents wishing I would spend a fraction of the time I spent reading cattle journals, on my school books. Never happened!

CAB

justintime said:
I agree with Rusty. When I was young, I remember my parents wishing I would spend a fraction of the time I spent reading cattle journals, on my school books. Never happened!

My parents too Grant and there sure have been days that I wish I would have made my parents happy. Too late now. Brent

dori36

beaner jane said:
It is almost four o'clock in the morning. We are all friends here, so I am not even going to try and lie to you fine people, I haven't even tried to sleep yet. I can't help but look at all the bull pictures from Denver. I am only 20 years old. You would think I would have something better to do with my time then look at cattle on line. I need help. You know what they say, admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

Sooooo, what's the problem?  (lol)

Stihlpro

the angus111 said:
I call it PASSION.I told my wife ,having cattle is like living a dream,she said welcome to her nightmare.Rusty

Mine feels the same way!

Bone2011

My parents have to take away the sire books and cattle journals out of my room so I will do my homework and go to sleep, and they just told me I had to stop taking them to school so I would start studying.... I would have to agree.... I've got a problem too

beaner jane

the angus111 said:

This is exactly how I feel. I am dreaming about what I would buy if I had the money and how I am gonna get said money to buy cows. My family thinks I crazier than a soup sandwich. The only thing any of them have to do with cattle is eating a hamburger or a steak.

GM

i'm glad to have finally found a forum with other people who have my problem/addiction.  its interesting reading everyones posts on this thread because i keep thinking to myself, ''i do that too''. 

So, here's my contribution...my girlfriend doesnt understand why i was re-reading the Shorthorn Country herd bull issue from 1978 (justintime has an add in it by the way) the other day, or why i have boxes filled with 25+ years worth of these things.  i told her it was reference material...thank god she puts up with it!!!

beaner jane

I think my love of cattle keeps me for having any boyfriends. The last one I had told me that I couldn't buy a steer to show for this past season, I said see ya buddy! GM I am glad your girlfriend is so understanding.

Cowfarmer65

3060 South McNaughton Rd. Douglas, ON. Can.
Not just the young folks have this addiction. I once had a girlfriend tried telling me I wasn't going to fit cattle anymore.......I was single for 4 years after givin her the wave. Thankfully I found a woman who after only one summer and fall around shows has been bitten by the bug and is already making plans and scheduling for next summer. I married her a little over a month ago...........so get used to it beaner......the disease you have is incurable and will bring you such joy and contentment as well as lots of great friends.

beaner jane

Well I am glad you married her before she left. I had thought my last boyfriend would understand. He is who got me into showing cattle. The funny thing is most people I know are planning families and I am dreaming about calves. My girl friends think I have lost my mind.