I need some good feed suggestions!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Tristen21

I am in 4-h and I am looking for a feed that would help calves grow really nice. Any suggestions would be helpful

Woodland Farms Show Cattl

best ration out there is made by Gene Rowe, his feed will grow them better than any other feed on the market and at a fraction of the cost of all big names. only troube is you have to be in one of the 5 states its sold in, or willing to go get it! where are you loacated?

ZZCATLE

Agree with Woodland Farms Rowe's Jackpot 49 and Rowe Cates Jackpot 49 is the best I have found in ten years of feeding show calves.  Oct. prise in Northeast IN is 14 dollars a bag at my house north of Columbia City.

ZZCATLE

It is 12.95 a bag with no delivery.  The delivery price changes per bag more feed I order that is what it is now.

Justin69.o

i'll be honest when we grind our feed its 1500 lbs of corn 500 lbs of dry gluten 150 lbs oats 75 lbs Hubert feed balancer 

LLBUX

My ration right now is 1000 pounds rolled corn- 1000 pounds oats- 100 pounds beet pulp-100 pounds gluten-100 pounds 38% pellets.  It is about 12% protein.

My Belted Galloway calves love it and are satisfied on a limited feed due to the increased bulk of oats/pulp.  Not dusty either. 

Comes up to about $7.75/50 pound bag in bulk

Your ration choice may also depend on the breed/age/sex of calf you are feeding.   

I like this ration as the Belties don't need the high energy ration other breeds may require.  They do very well on this ration( with plenty of hay).

Good luck!!

Glorifying Pastures

We have been feeding 1600 lbs. ground corn 400 lbs. pellets. Now, last night I got told not to feed the show cattle ground feed anymore, maybe just cracked corn or move to a Brand name feed supply instead. What is the correct way?

LLBUX

The last mix is awful hot, both in energy and protein %.

Can't get by feeding shelled corn only.  Cracking will improve efficientcy quite a bit.
Shelled corn only has about 8% protein, much too low for good growth and development.