I sure would like to find a homo TH bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

ranch4profit

When will Lautner or Brad Nook come out with a bull that throughs all TH postive calves?

knabe

this is how i would do it.

sort cells from affected calves, make them haploid and insert into sperm caps, then grow them in a suspension culture.

lautner sells plenty of other stuff.  no reason to bad mouth someone for selling something people are willing to buy. 

i would use lautners stuff, but i don't have enough cattle and would prefer sexed semen.

Shady Lane

I'm pretty sure there have been many breeders that would sell you a new born Homo TH bull on the cheap!

Why don't you venture into this market yourself and capitise on this venture instead of letting somebody else hog all the "profit"

Report back to us in 5 years  and let us know how it worked out!

Wow it sure is hard to speak with your tongue in your cheek.

;)

ranch4profit

knabe said:
this is how i would do it.

sort cells from affected calves, make them haploid and insert into sperm caps, then grow them in a suspension culture.

lautner sells plenty of other stuff.  no reason to bad mouth someone for selling something people are willing to buy. 

i would use lautners stuff, but i don't have enough cattle and would prefer sexed semen.
Not bad mouthing anones stuff.
Since the name of this site is "steer planet" it seems to me until they start slick shearing show steers in the north TH postive cattle are going to be in VERY high demand.  I would also make a wild guess that many of the xbred heifers that are winning are TH postive as well.
Its seems clear that non carrier catte out of TH postive bulls are worth much less than the carrier siblings. So it would be nice to not have the less profitable TH neg cattle out of carrier bulls. Dont blame me blame the judges that pick that kind of cattle. Just trying to raise the type of cattle that the people want to buy.

HCCHSS

Its seems clear that non carrier catte out of TH postive bulls are worth much less than the carrier siblings.
[/quote]
And where might I ask are you getting this information?

ranch4profit

HEAVEN_CATTLE said:
Its seems clear that non carrier catte out of TH postive bulls are worth much less than the carrier siblings.
And where might I ask are you getting this information?
[/quote]

Maybe I am wrong but seems clear that carrier cattle ar bigger boned, thicker and hairier than the non carriers. Just pick up any semen catalog. How many Heat Seeker, Heat Wave,  (incert your fav carrier bull) sons that are THF are  even promoted? Just about all of them are THC. Why do you think they were left a bull? Im going to take a wild stab at it and say because they are big butted, big boned, and hairy. Heaven tell me why there are so few THF sons of THC promoted?

I will also bet you most all of the winners of major shows over the past 6-8 yrs are THC. Along with most all of the high sellers out of THC sires in sales across the country.

stangs13

Im curious as to how you know that most of the winners are THC? They usually dont test steers....and as for heifers, judges dont looks for the biggest butted, stoutest boned, hairiest heifer in the show ring...And if im not mistaken a lot of registrations will not let animals in if they test positive for PHA or TH. Angus, charolais, simmental, hereford, I am thinking purebred maine heifers too? Not sure.

knabe

so, ranch4profit, do you have a solution that you are providing, or are you all talk?

can you tell me the definition of "throughs" and who nook is?

i think the reason there are so few THF bulls is because you haven't shown us how it's done.

not really convinced you are raising cattle people want to buy if you are not using carriers.

how about some pedigrees and winners evidence of your superior cattle?

ranch4profit

stangs13 said:
Im curious as to how you know that most of the winners are THC? They usually dont test steers....and as for heifers, judges dont looks for the biggest butted, stoutest boned, hairiest heifer in the show ring...And if im not mistaken a lot of registrations will not let animals in if they test positive for PHA or TH. Angus, charolais, simmental, hereford, I am thinking purebred maine heifers too? Not sure.

I said xbred (commercial) or Chi which is commerical I know and the maines will have it in many pedigres by alowing HW in the herd book before long.

ranch4profit

knabe said:
so, ranch4profit, do you have a solution that you are providing, or are you all talk?

can you tell me the definition of "throughs" and who nook is?

i think the reason there are so few THF bulls is because you haven't shown us how it's done.

not really convinced you are raising cattle people want to buy if you are not using carriers.

how about some pedigrees and winners evidence of your superior cattle?
throughs and nook are typo's sorry

havent figured the solution out yet.  hoping with your wisdom maybe you could help!

not trying to show you how its done with THF bulls....trying to follow the crowd and raise more THC steers!

im sure my pedigrees and winners list is prolly not as long as yours

stangs13

ranch4profit said:
stangs13 said:

I said xbred (commercial) or Chi which is commerical I know and the maines will have it in many pedigres by alowing HW in the herd book before long.
Heat wave is registered MT if im not mistaken, not purebred..and it doesnt matter if they test PHA or TH..they wont be let in!  But commercial or cross breds or chis are 3 different animals, Since commercial heifers are normally your great cows, not always your best show animals worthy of a breeding beef class, a cross bred could be anything, from chi influence to brahman influenced cattle , or an animal that hasnt had a pedigree or known breeding for 4 generations. Then you do have your chi classes, your normally great looking show animals.