Ice Pick

Help Support Steer Planet:

tadpole

I just recently acquired  a unit of ice pick and was wanting some info on the bull.  Does anyone know where I can see a picture of the bull?  What kind of females do his daughters make.  Does anyone have pictures of some of his offspring.  Also what kind of cows does he click well with?  Basically any information on the bull will be appreciated! Thanks, Chad

JSchroeder

Only have one daughter.  She produces calves with a killer look but she's easily the worst milker we have on the place.

afhm

Not good milkers, which is suprising with his maternal pedigree.  So if trying for a female breed to a heavy milking cow.  The steers have good hair and shape.  They would slick shear.  All of them have a cool look some can be a little trashy fronted and high in their tailheads.  I have always like the Icepick cattle when mated correctly.

DLD

The consistently better ones I've seen were out of Witch Doctor or Cunia (especially Chill Factor) bloodlines.
I'd agree to use him on something that milks, and don't look for him to fix structural problems (not saying he'll make 'em worse, but he won't make 'em better), but he can do great things on the right cow.

tadpole

Is he a very hard calver?  I got a taz X chillfactor cow that is going to get bred in the next few days, but this will only be her second calf.

circle e

i have one ice pick cow i bouhgt last year and she doesnt milk at all    i am very disappointed!!!!

STX108

Seen some good calves out of Ice Pick bred to ABC cows...