Icy Hot

Help Support Steer Planet:

kcampbell

I have read in the previous blogs that ICY Hot is a good choice, can it be used at a terminal show??

kk

Idk depends on what ur doin with it. Good choice for what?

kcampbell

stunner said:
Idk depends on what ur doin with it. Good choice for what?

I'm going to a terminal show in two days and I want to know if I can use icy hot, is it legal to use icy hot?
Thank you.

GoWyo

Still don't know what for.  Sore muscles?  Make him smell like menthol?

LostFarmer

Don't know about in a show ring but have you ever laced someones jock with it.  It gets quite a reaction.  (dog)

GoWyo

I imagine it causes major "shrinkage" on sensitive areas.  A little dab makes it go to ground like a prairie dog that's been shot at and missed.

LostFarmer

So a staggy steer that is packing a little extra sheath can be convinced to keep it up?  I guess that is what I am gathering from your description.  When a friend of mine was breaking stallions to drive as a team he used a little Vicks in the nostrils to help keep their mind on him and not each other and the girls.  I wonder if that would work on my sons????  Maybe a little icy hot on the sheath and vicks in the nose before prom.   ::)

kcampbell

GoWyo said:
Still don't know what for.  Sore muscles?  Make him smell like menthol?

I thought it was good for swollen hocks, I guess not. It appears to be for sore muscles.
Thank you.

GoWyo

I think for swollen hocks your best bet is ice packs, cold water with some pressure and exercise.  Icy Hot may add more heat which is not what you want.

kcampbell

LostFarmer said:
So a staggy steer that is packing a little extra sheath can be convinced to keep it up?  I guess that is what I am gathering from your description.  When a friend of mine was breaking stallions to drive as a team he used a little Vicks in the nostrils to help keep their mind on him and not each other and the girls.  I wonder if that would work on my sons????  Maybe a little icy hot on the sheath and vicks in the nose before prom.   ::)
This is funny! may be we should share this advice with the so- called city slickers!
Likely there is less pregnancies with the country kids anyway

Silver

you put it inside the seath then not on the outside right? how much would it take?  I think I could use this on my steer he's a tad soggy

LostFarmer

Silver said:
you put it inside the seath then not on the outside right? how much would it take?  I think I could use this on my steer he's a tad soggy

Watch for a flying foot.  I can darn sure bet the next time you go near his sheath he will be a little light with the hinds.  LF

Show Heifer

Before you do this, I would encourage you to put icy hot in your OWN crotch.  Then maybe you will understand why it is NOT a good idea. Remember, we are suppose to be doing what is best for our livestock....icy hot in the genitals is NOT "doing good".