"Identify that Bull"

Help Support Steer Planet:

kwltlkl

Ready for a challenge?  ID/name this bull.  If no one gets it right I will start posting clues.  Yes, I know who he is.

Attachments

• Who am I.jpg
    Who am I.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 227

shortyjock89

I personally have no idea.  But I also want to let you know that we have a very similar thread in the Hall of Fame forum.  Not to cramp your style or anything, but just wanted to let you know!

kwltlkl

Good to know, I have never gone into the HOF area. If the site administrator want to move this into that thread, AOK with me.

Cowboy

I may be getting old (er), but to me, I remember looking at a picture of FJ Majic years ago, and he sure looks like old Majic did. I don't remember Majic having scurs though, could be off a bit.

For the time being, use Majic as my vote until I can dig out that old 93 SEK book

Terry

kwltlkl

Cowboy is (mostly) correct.  That is FR Magic 179X.  Cowboy, would you still dig up the old SEK sire book, is that the same pic?

Cowboy

Found it in the 1992 spring SEK directory.

Born in 1988 -- sired by Smithbuilt from an Epinal x Cunia dam.

Killed by lightning in the fall of 1991 (ARGH ) -- wonder what they had him insured for????????????????

Owned by Black-Bixler-Ferris Ranch

Good bull even by today's standards -- a female maker first -- steers were a little frailer than are accepted today -- but in the early 90's?? Good stuff!

Same picture --

Don't feel so old now -- or at least not as Alzeimic  (IS that a word???????)

Terry

Telos

WOW!!! We've been looking for a picture of that rascal for a long time. Glad to know someone had a picture. I thought I've seen that picturwe before.

AAOK

knabe said:
justme said:
Isn't that one of DL's favorite bulls?

yes.

Hey, what about me?  I'm always the first to recommend FR Magic to those asking about MA maternal traits.  I agree with cowboy that Magic would still be a great bull to use on all these Maintainer pud cows.  I just saw this thread and immediatly knew that was FR Magic.  I have the same picture in the Sales book my older daughter used in the Salesmanship contest at the 1994 NJMA show in Peoria

ploughshare

I am not rolling down to see the clues, but I would guess it looks like FR Magic.  I will check to see how I did.

Cool, the old synapses are still working.