If I decide to breed her to a clubby bull, which one ?? UPDATED 11-12-13

Help Support Steer Planet:

RankeCattleCo

Going to go out on a limb and say Bojo, if you can find/afford it.  If you can't get him, Bodacious has had some NICE calves.  Choppin Wood would work also.

HAB

The Char X bulls would make a nice smoke.

Here is a pic of her sire from this evening.

Attachments

• Pericles 050612 cropped 2.jpg
    Pericles 050612 cropped 2.jpg
    575.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Pericles 050612 side.jpg
    Pericles 050612 side.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 297

HAB

Had a 76 lb Walks Alone bull calf Saturday. Pictured at 24hrs old.

Will get more pics once he fills out.  She has lots of milk, won't take long.

Attachments

• 1240 and Walks Alone bull calf.jpg
    1240 and Walks Alone bull calf.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 351

sizzler14

IMO i think she is way too small framed for walks alone. WA works good on those 1600-1800 plain angus cows. I would be scared to death of a pudd out of 1200 pound cow.

Mueller Show Cattle

Looks good Harley, will be neat to see him in a couple months. Hopefully he proves us wrong and puts on a decent frame, no doubt that I think he will be thick. Does he have alot of vigor and keeping up with your PB Galloway with the snow and cold weather? We got hammered with snow yesterday at the ranch, 16 inches with 5ft plus drifts. My brother lost 2 calves yesterday, both commercial cattle, one I guess the cow left her calf which was almost dead from being frozen, we tried to save her and put her in the shop by the wood burning stove to warm her up but she still died just shortly after putting her in the shop. Then my sister in-law drove over one in the backhoe plowing of clearing for the cattle and calves, the snow was so deep she could not see the calf, she was sick over that. Sucked loosing 2 calves but happy for the heavy snow fall, hopefull this helps pull us out of the drought cause up on the mountain they got more, our ranch is at the base of the mountain.

HAB

Big M Show Cattle said:
Looks good Harley, will be neat to see him in a couple months. Hopefully he proves us wrong and puts on a decent frame, no doubt that I think he will be thick. Does he have alot of vigor and keeping up with your PB Galloway with the snow and cold weather? We got hammered with snow yesterday at the ranch, 16 inches with 5ft plus drifts. My brother lost 2 calves yesterday, both commercial cattle, one I guess the cow left her calf which was almost dead from being frozen, we tried to save her and put her in the shop by the wood burning stove to warm her up but she still died just shortly after putting her in the shop. Then my sister in-law drove over one in the backhoe plowing of clearing for the cattle and calves, the snow was so deep she could not see the calf, she was sick over that. Sucked loosing 2 calves but happy for the heavy snow fall, hopefull this helps pull us out of the drought cause up on the mountain they got more, our ranch is at the base of the mountain.

Thanks.

He is pretty vigorous, got right up and nursed.  He will look much different once he fills out.  She milks very well, so it won't take long.  ;D

Glad you got some snow/moisture.  Sorry to hear about the loss of the calves.

Gargan

post a pic of him at a month old please. interested to see how he developes. congrats by the way on a neat calf!!

HAB

Here he is at 40 days old.  Coming along nicely.  Still a bull.

He is TH free.

Attachments

• Hair of the dog AKA Fuzz Nuts.jpg
    Hair of the dog AKA Fuzz Nuts.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 236

HAB

Roughed clipped Fuzz Nuts today.  8 months old.

TH and PHA free 76 lb BW.

Attachments

• fuzznutbutt1 cmp.jpg
    fuzznutbutt1 cmp.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 185
  • FUZZNUTS-SIDE#1-CMPR.jpg
    FUZZNUTS-SIDE#1-CMPR.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 211
  • fuzznuts-front-cmpr.jpg
    fuzznuts-front-cmpr.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 227

vc

Cool looking dude, he looks like he has some grow in him as well. Looks like your experiment worked out quite well.

CAB

Don't know about the grow, but if a guy wants hair in a clean package it looks like it's not too hard to find that. Very nice Harley. Brent