Illinios Fair Grounds

Help Support Steer Planet:

M-n-M Cattle Company

Just wondering what the fair grounds are like. Water, barns, tie-outs, ect anything that you can share is appreciated!!!

shortyjock89

To be honest, they're really great.  Lots of water, good electricity, tie outs are a little bit of a walk but they usually aren't too bad. 

Cattledog

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
To be honest, they're really great.  Lots of water, good electricity, tie outs are a little bit of a walk but they usually aren't too bad. 

Yep, other than the haul to the tie outs it's really nice. 

shortyjock89

Forgot to add that last time Jr. Nationals were here, we all stalled in the basement of the Junior Barn, which is pretty nice and stays pretty cool with all the air moving from the fans, and then we show on the floor above where we stall.  If you haven't been there before, then I hope you like it!

M-n-M Cattle Company

Wow that sounds really cool. I don't know if you were at Jr. Nationals when it was in Harrisburg, but it sounds cooler that are barns .

herfchic

If you are in the basement of the Jr. barns, try and get stalls on the outside.  The air can get a little stale if you are stuck in the back between two wash racks.  Overall though, the barns are nice.  Bring a pop up tent to fit under because the light is not that great in the Jr. barn. 

Shady Lane

I drove down just to watch the Junior Nationsla when they were in llinois in about 2003?

The facillities seemed very nice, mostly what I remember is the oppressive heat!

My poor Canadian butt nearly cooked to death.

I found the hotel pool to be a much more enjoyable place to hang out.

(clapping)

shortyjock89

Shady Lane said:
I drove down just to watch the Junior Nationsla when they were in llinois in about 2003?

The facillities seemed very nice, mostly what I remember is the oppressive heat!

(clapping)

I think it was 02, but maybe it was 03....either way it was HOT.  I hope it's not quite so warm this year.  Illinois has some crazy weather, 100+ in the summer, -25 in the winter sometimes.  That's without heat index or wind chill too!

mechanic

Olson Family Shorthorns said:
Shady Lane said:

(clapping)

Hey Shady lane wasn't that the year down with Rob Davidson and myself. I always thought it was that pretty brunette that caused us to lose you for 2 days but now after all these years we find out we could have found you at the pool.

Jim

Shady Lane

Haha,

Jim that was the year before when the Junior National was in Ohio.

You, me, Rob and the boys drove down in your "Man Van".

The following year B.G and I drove down to Illinois in my blue Ford 1/2 ton regular cab with no Air Conditioning.

It was like 95F at night with 100% humidity or something ridiculous.

I remember standing outside the day of the show waiting to get a glass of lemonade and wondering if I was going to live long enough to make it to the front of the line.