Insomnia

Help Support Steer Planet:

OH Breeder

cowz said:
Have you ever seen those hot packs that are full of grain and you put them in the microwave to heat them up?

I have 3, one for my back and one for each knee.  Add 3 Tylenol PM and that usually works from 11-5.

If I don't do that, I am awake at 2:30 and am stupid enough to flip on Fox News.....then I get riled up and lay there muttering about the bailout, national health, yada yada yada!

That made me chuckle.

I am going to try and sleep now. It is 1 am EST. I have to be up for work. I do pretty good an til about mid-day and then I need a nap. I love naps. I bought a mattress heater last year and it is the most wonderful thing they ever made. On cold nights jump in to a heated bed. Its these road trips that do it to me.

OH Breeder

I am looking at the log on screen and by the names, it looks like the usual night crew is still on or at least their computers are.

I am going to sleep..... :-\

beefy08

justamom said:
linnettejane said:
justamom said:
Yeah I've got it I thought it was maybe just an age thing, and a Mom thing- sometimes my mind wont shut off- especially if something is bothering me-
PLUS my husband SNORES (ANYONE GOT A CURE)
the couch!   ;D
hahaha  the couch definately knows my name at least twice a week
I'm going to guess 20+ years of marrige. Thats how my parents are.

jlingle

shortdawg said:
I've always been a 5-6 hour/night guy - I like to stay up late and get up early.

Heck, I thought I was the only one.  My dad always thought I'd wind up dead because of lack of sleep.  He just didn't think a person could continue to do that to theirselves and survive.  Well..... here I am.  I stay up late and still get up every morning at 5:20am for work.  I'd love to get a nap everyday, but right now I'm taking some afternoon classes at the local Technology Center, so that's out.  I guess some just don't require a whole lot of sleep.

If your spouse snores badly, take their hind ends to the local sleep doc and get a sleep study done.  I had sleep apnea something terrible, and they put me on a c-pap machine & shazaam..... no more snoring.  It takes a little getting used to, and they usually have to adjust it a time or two for you, but once they get it figured out it's awesome sleep.  No snoring, no whining spouses, and you wake up feeling like a million bucks.  Another thing that fella taught me that I didn't know, I had pretty bad acid reflux that reared its ugly head during the night.  He asked me during my consultation (when he had a camera up my nose & into my throat) if I ever woke up with heartburn.  I said "yeah, sure do" and he put me on a prescription for prilosec & fixed that problem too.  I can now buy it over the counter.