iowa state fair steer show

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Steaks

I heard the grand and reserve breeding heifer showed at the same county fair(talk about a stiff county fair) the judge flip flopped them there.
I personnaly liek  bailey core's simmy heifer but i like my sims so i could be a little predjudice

jbzdad

yeh Brad, threre have been several threads about selling steers at 2 times market... I hope people will continue to understand that there are lots of good ones and a 10,000 dollar steer doesn't guarantee a winner and may not even increase the odds that much (my opinion)

jbw

The grand hfr. was reserve at her county. The reserve hfr. did not show in her county. The champ. county heifer did not go to the state fair!!!

DTW

the third overall steer at the iowa state fair was named champion district market animal and champion overall on monday.

ash

CAB said:
  I thought like Chap that there was evidence of a change in type away from the extremely wide smaller chunks and a movement towards looking @ structure, sacrificing bone and width for function. The Ferguson steer and Core's steer to me were similar in that respect. Ferguson's steer was raised by Darning's.

Ferguson's steer was raised by Steve Downing not darnings

SteerQueen27

There were alot of good div 2 steers that werent in the finals. I didnt quite agree with the judge that great.. I showed 2 crossbreed steers there and did good but he was lookin for a diff kinda unlike last years judge.. I woulda picked cody hughes for grand that was a great steer then lundquist then ferguson...