Iphone or Droid phone for farmer/rancher

Help Support Steer Planet:

drl

I was looking to get a better phone to do more internet, facebook,... compared to my flip phone. How do the smartphones do as far as cell phone reception and durability? I don't want to get one of these smartphones and find out I can't make a regular phone call with them. Thanks

Bain Simmental

I have an iphone 4 in an otterbox and i can make better calls with it than my old normal phone. theres all sorts of apps for em i have not had much experience with the droids.

flacowman

I like my droid.  The camera is better than an iphone.  whichever you get be sure and get an otterbox for it, it's the only reason mine has survived this long

shortyjock89

I just got the Blackberry Torch a couple weeks ago, and its really awesome.  I got the Otterbox with it, and I've already had it at two shows, and it does amazingly well on the internet and the apps and all that good junk. Has a super good camera too, I'll let you know after this summer how well it takes abuse.  (thumbsup)

BIGTEX

flacowman said:
I like my droid.  The camera is better than an iphone.  whichever you get be sure and get an otterbox for it, it's the only reason mine has survived this long

The camera isn't half as good as the iPhone4

The droid pales in comparison. Not even close.

lightnin4

I got a droid incredible last fall and have been really pleased with it.  There is very little cell phone reception in my area and the droid has been the best phone I've had as far as not dropping calls.  It even picks up signal inside my barn (my last phone couldn't).  The camera is great too.  As others have said...get an otterbox if you get one.

SlickTxMaine

My husband has a blackberry torch and my son an iphone.  They both love them.  My son seems to get better signal in our home with his iphone than my husband does with the bb....I have a cheapo samsung....and get no signal!!  Make sure to get the Otterbox as previously suggested. 

kanshow

The Otterbox is the one MUST HAVE!   

I had a blackberry prior to my motorola droid but had so much trouble with the tracker ball.    The new BB's don't have a tracker ball but I wanted teh bigger screen of the droid..    So far, I like the droid although the learning curve was frustrating at first.    I will say I think I had better reception with the bb but even at that my droid has better reception than the flip phones.   

drl

Thanks everybody. Feel free to keep this post going.