is pale face a good bull?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Till-Hill

Buddy of mine used him on some real average reg. blk angus cows and got a couple really nice commercial kind of keeping heifers. One baldy and one with just a star and a snip. He is sired by Jazz (pb maine bull) and one year I "tried" to show a Jazz steer and he was nuts.....All in all I will most likely use some Pale Face someday.

LCC#2

i was just wondering because i used him on a full-blood tyson daughter

kfacres

LCC#2 said:

why would you make a breeding decision, and then come on here asking for input?  Seems to me backwards. 

I'm getting tired of beating a dead horse with these newer people on here lof lately, who have been breedin gcows and heifers to bulls, and then get on here and ask what everyone thinks about that...  How on earth do you select bulls to use- point your finger?

Where's that picture that sue uses all the time ( I think it's her)?

DakotaCow

the truth said:
LCC#2 said:
  How on earth do you select bulls to use- point your finger?

Where's that picture that sue uses all the time ( I think it's her)?

Isnt that the best way to pick clubby bulls? Its a shotgun chance anyway isnt it? LOL (clapping)

flacowman

sometimes they just get ahead of themselves and then have 10 months to wonder if they did the right thing.  I do know that I bred some angus heifers to an angus bull that ended up being a carrier of fawn calf and I Luted them to keep from havin a bunch of carrier calves, he might be wanting someone to tell him he'll get monsters or something so he can sell the heifers or abort the pregnancies...curiosity killed the cat after all, the dead horse too.

kfacres

never call this guy, or say  :))) to this one (actually 2 above) since the one above me was typing as I did.  Man I just love that link!!

you couldn't be more right!!!!

tis THE TRUTH!

OH Breeder

LCC#2 said:
is pale face a good bull for heifers or just in general

Mr Hook is on here. He used him quiet a bit, I thought.

BWT 2.0 ACC .79 usually the kind of numbers you want to see for calving ease. I would stick with the proven options on heifers.