Is the grass growing yet

Help Support Steer Planet:

linnettejane

well i think i totally jinxed myself...today and tomorrow are going to be beautiful, low 70's and sunshine...but then monday and tuesday the snow is returning!  and we will be back in the 20's ...

ba

Yep only Indiana weathercan change in a instant.
Things start to green up and grow early then is
like frozen in place quit growing and more
snow flurries

savaged

Getting green here.

Ahhhh, my view from the porch swing.  :)

Attachments

• April Porch View.jpg
    April Porch View.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 134

SKF

We are still brown but we have finally had some rain so it should start to green up. At least I hope so.

Shady Lane

I happened to come accross this thread again from April,

I'm a little bit distraught at the momment, we still don't have grass it is DRY here.

Thankfully we had a lot of snow or there probably would be very little hope at all, but I bet we haven't had 1/2" of rain since last August or sometime lat fall atleast.

There is barely any grass at all, some looks to be dying because it is just dry and burning up.

Some guys around here are out of feed or darn close to it so they kicked their cows out and those pastures are like a putting green.

I'm really pryaing for some rain.

I have never seen anything this dry before in May in my lifetime.

Most guys are just wrapping up seeding, if it doesn't rain soon this later stuff to be planted had as much chance of germinating in the bin.

farmboy

savaged said:
Getting green here.

Ahhhh, my view from the porch swing.  :)

gotta love Ohio.

you can keep your plains with no trees out west people. I'll take my hills any day. Driving up US23 at 6:30 in the moring and watching the sun break is awesome.

gilbert07

yea here in indiana the weather changes day by day...i mowed the lawn last thursday and my dad just ended up mowing it again yesterday...we are suppose to get some rain again and if so im gonna have to mow the pasture cuz im sure it will be over a foot by then...its so tall now that i barely can see the calves laying in it lol

box6rranch

We're here in Colorado. We have enjoyed quite a bit of rainfall in the last couple of weeks. Before that we had a huge spring storm.
We are extremely grateful for green grassy pastures and hope that we continue to get moisture through the summer.
We have been paying a fortune for hay this year. I know someone put up a post a while ago about hay prices. Seems like folks in the midwest and back east are paying half of what we pay out here for hay. If the moisture holds maybe it will drive down the costs for next year. In the meantime the cows are enjoying the pasture.

JbarL

box6rranch said:
We're here in Colorado. We have enjoyed quite a bit of rainfall in the last couple of weeks. Before that we had a huge spring storm.
We are extremely grateful for green grassy pastures and hope that we continue to get moisture through the summer.
We have been paying a fortune for hay this year. I know someone put up a post a while ago about hay prices. Seems like folks in the midwest and back east are paying half of what we pay out here for hay. If the moisture holds maybe it will drive down the costs for next year. In the meantime the cows are enjoying the pasture.
shame fuel was 4.50/gal last year.....would have made makin' it a bit  less bitter....jbarl