Its Hair Growing Time!

Help Support Steer Planet:

TK Show2win

I have been thinking about my cold box, which currently has a swap cooler, fans, insulated walls, and is 12x12. In the past i only had one calf in there and at its worst it gets up to 70 degrees, but this year I plan on growing hair on two calves. My concern is that its going to get to hot in there in there with two calves especially on muggy days? Any ideas on what I should do? I might be able to get a window unit . How much would that raise the bill up too? I really want to grow a good coat this year. I rinse 5x a day so elbow grease isn't an issue.I believe its my cool room thats holding me back. thanks

Show Steaks

Combing alot and darkness seems to grow hair best IMO not just being cold , but that does help... make sure it stays dry in there maybe add a dehumidifer and another fan

savaged

About half your battle is genetics.  Aside from that, you can get a window unit (get at least 18,000 btu) and a Cool Bot.  You can keep it significantly cooler this way.  Search Cool Bot on the web for info.

TK Show2win

Every year I  have plenty of hair. As far as genetics, I have good genetics and good hair in winter. Both calves are Heatwave and Hollywood bred. I want hair that will set me apart from the other calves at the show...that leg hair that gives me the look you know. It seems like my swamp cooler just doesn't give me that its about 70 degrees with just one calf in there. I am also worried the  window unit will raise the bill up alot?

jallen

It will raise your bill a little bit but not a lot. you said you wash them five times do you use ice water and brush them and comb them and then just let them stand in front of the fans or do you blow them out.