Jakes Proud Jazz on Clubby Heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

TMJ Show Cattle

yes, it has been done.There will ALWAYS be a chance for a big calf,when mated this way.Folks do it alot with Jake on heifers of all breeds.Most of calves will be small,but not all.You won't get a lot of grow with jake.But most will be fancy when young.The only bull I trust to make combination: small calves consistantly,calves that are saleable at weaning and beyond,good structure,and calves that have style is: TOTAL SOLUTION.

Jill

TMJ Show Cattle said:
yes, it has been done.There will ALWAYS be a chance for a big calf,when mated this way.Folks do it alot with Jake on heifers of all breeds.Most of calves will be small,but not all.You won't get a lot of grow with jake.But most will be fancy when young.The only bull I trust to make combination: small calves consistantly,calves that are saleable at weaning and beyond,good structure,and calves that have style is: TOTAL SOLUTION.

I thought you also liked Jacees Ramblin Fever for that, is that not still the case?

In the case of JPJ he will almost always downsize what he is bred to so keep that in mind when you are using him.  We had great luck with him, puts a little more neck in them, but nice calves.

shortdawg

We've had great luck with our JPJ calves in the showring. I would not use him on a clubby small framed cow. He needs to be bred to upper moderate to large framed cattle and will add muscle, style, and hair.

DLD

We've got two fall born JPJ steers (out of cows, not heifers), born 9 days apart. Both cows milk well, the calves have been handled and fed together all their lives.  The one out of the bigger cow (Red Chill x Ohlde Shorthorn) is moderate framed - maybe just a tic on the small side, while the one out of the smaller cow (Pale Face x Book 'em Dan'o/Shorthorn) is much bigger framed - big enough that we're a little concerned he could get too big for a show steer, certainly bigger framed than his mother.  I know it's not the norm for JPJ, but I can say he doesn't downsize every cow he's bred to.

TMJ Show Cattle

Yes I use Ramblin Fever on clubby heifers and cows,along with  Total Solution, and JPJ and once used Jazzman. Now I want to ask you Jill,areyou wanting to pck a fight,or were you mayb thinkin for some dd reason I only use RF?

midway6376

Thanks everyone of the advice. I have an Alias, I am Legend, and a shorthorn  heifer and I was wandering what to breed them to. I have an Angus bull picked out but I would like to try and get a purebred for the shorthorn and was wandering how he was working on clubbies.

mark tenenbaum

midway6376 said:
Thanks everyone of the advice. I have an Alias, I am Legend, and a shorthorn  heifer and I was wandering what to breed them to. I have an Angus bull picked out but I would like to try and get a purebred for the shorthorn and was wandering how he was working on clubbies.Panama Red is a proven  calving ease-bull out of a Cumberland-Rose-=Picture Perfect-and sired by a full sib (red 3/4) sib to Dmcc Ltd Edition-The calves are purebred shorts-and vry light BW-but larger framed than -Jazz-good bull to use on those types,and the hiefers are gonna show O0

Jill

TMJ Show Cattle said:
Yes I use Ramblin Fever on clubby heifers and cows,along with  Total Solution, and JPJ and once used Jazzman. Now I want to ask you Jill,areyou wanting to pck a fight,or were you mayb thinkin for some dd reason I only use RF?

Not at all, I know you were very high on him a couple of months ago, didn't know if now that calving season has started if that had changed, you're comment "the only bull I'd trust to make combination" was Total Solution made me wonder.

TMJ Show Cattle

Excuse me,but no I haven?t changed my mine. The reports on Fever calves have been awesome,with repeat orders.However,most of the time,the TS calves will be stouter at birth.Not unusual though with Habenero/WMW compared to a purebred Angus.I like and USE and recommend all three.