jazzman calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

jmwillia

what are ppl seeing for BW's on jazzman, says 55 pounds, on may 16th had a bull calf that was over a 100 pounds out of a heifer and backwards none the less.

BIGTEX

I know the breeder and they use him on heifers a lot. Sorry for the large, breeched calf.

DLD

Sorry to hear about that, too. Mine have been in the 60's and 70's.  As BIGTEX said, the breeder and other owners use him extensively on heifers, but bigger ones do pop up once in awhile.  Backwards are worse - don't know whether they're big because they're backwards or backwards because they're big, but the two seem to go together quite often.

justintime

DLD said:
Sorry to hear about that, too. Mine have been in the 60's and 70's.  As BIGTEX said, the breeder and other owners use him extensively on heifers, but bigger ones do pop up once in awhile.  Backwards are worse - don't know whether they're big because they're backwards or backwards because they're big, but the two seem to go together quite often.

Usually are backwards because they are big. The fetus does turn occasionally prior to being born, and sometimes it simply is too big to turn to the proper position for normal births. Sometimes twins are also backwards, and they may be smaller, but because there are two of them, they cannot position themselves prior to birth.

jmwillia

Thanks for the replies, he was a big one, both calf and cow are doing fine. he is a feisty big thing lol.