Jazzman---Shorthorn

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowman

What can you tell me about him? Who has calves on the ground?

Thanks,

Cowman

DLD

Early reports are very good from what I hear.  One of the owners told me yesterday that they haven't had or heard of one so far over 80# bw, and most have been much smaller than that.  He also said they look really good. Another of the owners posts here, so I'm sure he can tell us more when he sees your question.

I should only have one coming, and it won't be 'til up in October.  It's a JPJ daughter, so this could be interesting.

BAILEYFARMS

Have had 8 born so far that i know of. Calves come easy, their hairy, square made,have lots of get up and go from the time they hit the ground.calves have been out of all kinds of heifers and cows. A friend of mine had a yellow bald out of a yellow cow, I had a black baldy out of black and white eyes on the money hfr. Will try and get pic of him tomarrow so you'll know I'm not blowing smoke. Has been very consistant in quality.

cowman

All right, do you have a pic of Jazzman's dam? post or email to me if you can.

So what color do I get out of a white Alias/Maine?? ???

JSchroeder

You're throwing the extension, dilution, and roaning genes into the mix.  I'm not sure there is more of a crap shoot in terms of color.

Hollywood27

Will he calves get big enough?  Just a little worried that they will not have enough grow.  Thanks

JSchroeder

That's my calf, those legs are better now.  He was walking weird for the first week or so but it cleared up just fine.  I'm almost positive it was from pulling him as a breech. 

I too wonder if there's going to be enough growth.

CAB

Who owns this bull? Studer's have a JPJ son that looks very good. I was curious whether or not it was the same bull.

BAILEYFARMS

cowman said:
All right, do you have a pic of Jazzman's dam? post or email to me if you can.

So what color do I get out of a white Alias/Maine?? ???
No pic of dam. Dustin Glover owns her. She is good lookin!

CAB

There are actually 2 JPJ sons pictured. I like the bull named Jazz Man the best of those 2.
  Click on sub-heading " Our Herd" to bring up the pics.

CAB

Thanks for putting the pic up Bailey. Your bull looks very good. Please keep us all updated as you start getting a # of calves. Thanks Brent

herf96

If you can find a catalog from donors unlimited two years ago you can see the dam of Jazzman.  I have some full sibs coming in a couple of weeks from some embryos I bought out of that sale.

shortdawg

BAILEYFARMS said:
shortdawg said:
Bailey, What ever happened to Proud-N-Free that was in the Lot with Jazz Man ?
Dusin has him at his place.

I haven't thought about him when I was out there. Did he turn into a nice breeding bull ? I liked him.