Johnny Walker Rd

Help Support Steer Planet:

NWOhio

I have a 4 year old Heatwave/Angus female.  I'm looking for a bull to use that will add some muscle.  She's very correct, moderate in height, and has a good hip, but could use a little more muscle in her calves.  Trying to find something without HW influence.  I'm intrigued by JWR's pedigree.  Looking for experience you've had with him?  Does he add muscle?  How hard a calver is he?  Does he shorten up significantly?  How do the calves grow?  Appreciate your thoughts on JWR or another bull that would fit the bill. 

loveRedcows

We have a JWR steer out of a red angus cow that we really like.  Lots of hair & great disposition but a bit framey & a little weak in the rear legs.  Also, & most important is that we've had low conception rates with JWR semen & I can't really blame it on the operator -- conception rate is high on all other AIs.

clubcalve

I have had great experence with him and have had around 10 calves out of him. Make sure that the cow has a light front shoulder because he adds shoulder to them. Mine have been very sound and have not seen the A.I. problem that LRC has mabey just the seman ??? Hope this helps
                                                                                                Clubcalve

DLB

I have seen several JWR calves this year.  He does stamp his calves with muscle.  The only problem that I've seen is (2 of them)...is that they are short bodied and the front end structure.  I have seen about 3 or 4 calves that bowed over on their front ends (could be due to the massive shoulders).  I will say this though, I will use him in the future...the good out weighed the bad by far.