Johnny Walker Red

Help Support Steer Planet:

STX108

Would anybody know his bw? Has anyone had calves out of him? Thanks for any info.

BadgerFan

I had two (admittedly small sample group, so take for what it's worth).  They were short and thick with good bone, pretty good fronts. One got a little straight fronted but his dam had that tendency.  They weren't bad, would maybe use him again- would use on bigger, sound cows.

HCCHSS

From what I have heard and seen they have a tendancy to get a little straight. I only had one this year and he is super hairy, big boned and sound out of a super structured hereford x angus cow.

This weekend I did see a group of month old JWR calves out of  sound strictly business cows. Most of these calves had structure problems and a few might not even make it to the fall they were so bad.

OH Breeder

This is the only one we have. She is out of a good sized Sonny x Gizmo cow. SHe is very moderate but is thick over her top. Tick straight off the rear wheels but is otherwise sound and clean made. She'll make a good replacement. She is a Shorthorn Plus. March heifer we showed in October 09. She was a class winner.

Attachments

• Ginger.jpg
    Ginger.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 197

clubcalve

Loved my jwr calves out of 6 calves one was unsound the birth weights have all been around 85 lbs

Woody

I can say he was very consistant for me.  Every calf out of him is straight fronted junk out of cows that have no clubby in them at all!!!!!!