Jordan Acres

Help Support Steer Planet:

caledon101

Just to clarify, that Swagger calf pictured was only 6 months old when the picture was taken. And, she was rolling along at 100 lbs gain per month on good pasture with no creep and, when we weaned her off we only fed a modest supplement of grain to bring her into show and sale condition for November.
Swagger is respectable for calving ease and we found it fixed various strucural problems. That Gold Count 3 year old cow didn't have the best feet and legs (like her own mother). It took a couple of generations to sort that out and Swagger made the most impact for us in that way. Gold Spear was another bull that could improve feet and legs especially. If I had to pick one bull that we used over the years both via A.I. and E.T. I would take Swagger....and, that's no disrespect towards Gold Count or Gold Spear either.
If you want to try a neat cross try breeding a Trump female to Byland Gold Spear.
Here's a picture of a Swagger bul calf out of a Gold Spear x Trump cow....he's 7 months old in this August picture.

Attachments

• PL bull calf.jpg
    PL bull calf.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 186