Judge my steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

ckey0095

Hello everyone, I was wondering if any of y'all would like to judge my steer for me. He is getting his hoofs trimmed this Friday and will be getting clipped and dyed on the 2nd of March. I take him to my show March 4th. Thank you so much for you're time  :)

Attachments

• one.JPG
    one.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 177
  • two.JPG
    two.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 170
  • three.JPG
    three.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 176
  • four.JPG
    four.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 163
  • five.JPG
    five.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 169

Telos

Well, he looks functional and from the profile appears to stand wide from behind. Also he has some room to fill out and should thicken up some more.

Would like to see more muscle expression at this point in time but he has a soggy easy doing look about him. He is a little plain fronted but with a good haircut his appearance will improve.

Getting his feet trimmed will help him. Let him continue to eat and gain weight and get the best hair on him before he shows.

Have a bunch of fun and good luck.

ckey0095

Telos said:
Well, he looks functional and from the profile appears to stand wide from behind. Also he has some room to fill out and should thicken up some more.

Would like to see more muscle expression at this point in time but he has a soggy easy doing look about him. He is a little plain fronted but with a good haircut his appearance will improve.

Getting his feet trimmed will help him. Let him continue to eat and gain weight and get the best hair on him before he shows.

Have a bunch of fun and good luck.

Thank you :)

You think he'll thicken up some more by March 4th? So the soggy easy going look looks good on him? This is the first steer I've mixed my own feed for, before him it was only show feed so this was definitely a learning experience for me. I know he's not the best in the show but I have put my best into him and I couldn't be any prouder of him and I'm glad to call him mine.

He is Pigeon-toed, will getting his feet trimmed help this?