judge-orders-colorado-baker-to-serve-gay-couples

Help Support Steer Planet:

RyanChandler

frostback said:
-XBAR- said:
knabe said:
Since the supreme court said hospitals can't refuse people who can't pay, will they force doctors to accept patients who can't pay and will they force them to provide services that are reimbursed by Obamacare?

Will they accuse them of discrimination?

Should show cattle producers be forced to sell calves to this who can't afford them?  Anything else would be discrimination.

Imagine a firefighter picking and choosing whose house fire they would put out or a policeman choosing whose call for help they would respond to.  Imagine if they verified your ability to pay on the spot prior to responding or if they were allowed to discriminate and say, "well, sorry, we realize your house is on fire but we 'choose' not to provide service to polka doted people."

Your comparing apples to oranges. Firefighters are public servants the bakery is privately owned.

The comparison here is Firefighters and Hospitals  (thumbsup)

RyanChandler

knabe said:

Perfect example of the market inefficiencies of privatization. 

knabe said:
Since nobody built that, there is no such thing as a private business anymore.

The monetary system, tax payer funded infrastructure, laws and regulations- just to name a few-  all contribute to the facilitation of private business.  They collectively enable the possibility. 

Gargan

No one says you can't use special ingredients for special customers. Lol

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    1.9 KB · Views: 624

knabe

-XBAR- said:
knabe said:

Perfect example of the market inefficiencies of privatization.  any system has inefficiencies.

knabe said:
Since nobody built that, there is no such thing as a private business anymore.

The monetary system, tax payer funded infrastructure, laws and regulations- just to name a few-  all contribute to the facilitation of private business.  They collectively enable the possibility. the possibility, not the mandate.

knabe

For those that can't pay, should we subsidize it similar to racistcare?

For those that cant pay, should they be subsidized to rent, and not get a loan they cant pay for so they dont have to be bothered with independence?

Its clear 40% of the population doesnt pay federal income tax, and actually get money. Yes, they pay other taxes. 

At some level, shouldnt everyone pay something? Especially if they want a home loan?

MCC

aj said:
So is the old no shoes no shirt....noservice deal uninforceable?

aj if there was a like button on here I would have hit it about 100 times. That is one of the most sensible comments you have made on here!

There is nothing worse than dealing with the public. That being said I really get upset when " BIG BROTHER " tells us who we have to hire, who we can't FIRE and who we have to do business with.

If I own the business and pay the bills it should be up to ME how I run that business. If I lose all my business and have to shut the doors then I guess I didn't run it right. But it should be MY choice!

vc

MCC I hear you. We do contract and hard money jobs for the local utility here, we are now required to have 45% of our cost go to minority, women or disabled vet owned businesses. A lot of our work is labor intensive so coming up with the percentage can be a challenge. We are also required to mentor these same type of businesses, help them develop their programs, and then the next time jobs come up for bid we compete against those same companies, oh and they can be 10 % higher than us a be awarded the job. Doing work for the military is not much better.
Half the time these business are just pass through businesses they buy the product from our regular vendors, we pay 10% markup to them for the privilege of them doing paperwork for us.

knabe

vc said:
MCC I hear you. We do contract and hard money jobs for the local utility here, we are now required to have 45% of our cost go to minority, women or disabled vet owned businesses.

does the 45% represent population demographics or is this reparations?

knabe

I wonder if a couple wanting a cake for a baby shower went to a baker that was pro abortion and they wouldnt make them a cake of a fetus in a womb at 20 weeks if that would be discrimination?

There was a story about cakes with just such a cake along with 16 other rather graphic cakes.

RyanChandler

knabe said:

What you failed to mention- as usual- was that the child had been reprimanded multiple times prior for similar actions.  You're a smart man- obviously.  That being said, you'd think you would try to shed light on these issues in a more objective way instead of over accentuating and lying about - by misrepresentation- all positions you're against. 

Same thing with this post about the cakes.  You know why it is illegal for the baker to refuse service to the gay couple.  You know there are various TYPES of discrimination prohibited by LAW. You know discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation is illegal.  Likewise, you know your last post about the fetus cake is outrageous as that type of discrimination wouldn't fall under any of the prohibited grounds. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
You know there are various TYPES of discrimination prohibited by LAW.

the law isn't static, in fact, it's aggressively expanding to include any possible slight to a liberal and being labeled discrimination.

would the opposite be portrayed if it was a girl, ie when female teachers molest underage boys?  the law is currently discriminatory, something you are in denial of. just because it's the "law", doesn't mean it's fair, that's why there is something called jury nullification to address discrimination by the law and/or it's enforcement.

RyanChandler

knabe said:
-XBAR- said:
You know there are various TYPES of discrimination prohibited by LAW.

the law isn't static, in fact, it's aggressively expanding to include any possible slight to a liberal and being labeled discrimination.

would the opposite be portrayed if it was a girl, ie when female teachers molest underage boys?  the law is currently discriminatory, something you are in denial of. just because it's the "law", doesn't mean it's fair, that's why there is something called jury nullification to address discrimination by the law and/or it's enforcement.

It's my opinion that jury nullification- which I strongly oppose- is the culprit of the laws discrimination.  The law is black and white.  It's only when legislating from the bench is allowed that there because discrepancies. 

knabe

-XBAR- said:
It's my opinion that jury nullification- which I strongly oppose- is the culprit of the laws discrimination.  The law is black and white.  It's only when legislating from the bench is allowed that there because discrepancies.

of course you do.  you don't like it when anyone differs from your opinion.

morality is arbitrary.

the law is not black and white, that term is racist, by the way.

legislation from the bench is the sin of both sides.