Just got back from Texas!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davis Shorthorns

Well I just got back from Texas this morning(got stuck in storms last night) just in time to pull some CIDR's out of recips.  I was lucky enough to be able to turn this trip into a business trip by going and seeing JJ shorthorns in Oklahoma and WHR in Texas.  Both really nice herds.  Had a great time at both places and saw a bunch of great cattle.  Both of them are super nice people and I cant wait to try to make it to both of their sales this year.  I also got(had) to go to San Antonio for my friends wedding they got married on the river walk it was really nice except it was 98 or so degrees!!!  I feel sorry for the people that have to open the tux bags back in Kansas after 3 days.  ;) 

Davis Shorthorns

sassieface98 said:
what did you do there?  ???
I was a groomsman at a friend of mines wedding.  I also ate ALOT of Tex-Mex food.  I don't think that I want to see a tortilla for a long while.  ;)

DLD

By JJ in Oklahoma, I'm guessing you mean the Freeds?  If so, you were just a few miles from here.  They are super nice people - good cattle, too.

Davis Shorthorns

DLD said:
By JJ in Oklahoma, I'm guessing you mean the Freeds?  If so, you were just a few miles from here.  They are super nice people - good cattle, too.

Yup, I really liked their place.  It was really nice.  Some very nice cattle there. 

braunvieh

We just got back from a trip to San Antonio and also to visit cattle! But we were there the week earlier and it was in the 80s the whole time. We did Sea World, Six Flags, RiverWalk, Alamo, and visited to cattle ranches. Fun for all.

DLB

Well, you guys are ALL lucky...I live within an hours drive of San Antonio and our expected temps this week are 96-98 all week.  If you ever get a chance to come back to S.A. and the Riverwalk, the best Tex-Mex food is at a resturant called Mi Tierras....it is open 24/7 and has an awesome bakery in it.  Also, another fun attraction (but it's not in S.A.) is Schlitterbaun Water Park...it's in New Braunfels about a 20 mintue drive up IH-35 from S.A.