K.

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

chucksam said:
What about a new showcalf site that you can advertise bulls, sales, and calves....without it looking like a forum.

I think would be called the FREE classifieds section here on Steerplanet!!!!!!

People will be able to comment their experience. On new bulls or sales they have been around!

I think that would be called the FORUM section on Steerplanet.

It would give another outlook for breeders without all the garbage on a forum....

It's called ignore anything on the Forum section that you don't want to look at.

What do you think???

I think a person has a right to try anything you want to. I think that Steerplanet is probably the best cattle website on the internet. I have made a lot of friends, made a lot of new customers (for FREE) and learned a lot of things on here.If you think you can build a better mousetrap , then go for it. I think that Jason would tell you it's not cheap, easy or without a lot of headaches as you might think it is. JMHO

OLD WORLD SHORTIE

boo-this-man-o.gif

Yep, Staff should delete thread and ban user.

Or maybe ChuckSam can tell us for the hundredth time about his forman blog with the little pictures. He has littered both the Main forum and Media & Design sections, talk about the garbage on the forums that I ignore because i don't want to look at it.

http://www.steerplanet.com/bb/index.php?action=profile;u=16200;sa=showPosts  ChuckSam's post history incase you missed any blog updates

AAOK

chucksam said:
What about a new showcalf site that you can advertise bulls, sales, and calves....without it looking like a forum.

People will be able to comment their experience. On new bulls or sales they have been around!

It would give another outlook for breeders without all the garbage on a forum....
What do you think???

Go for it!  But, realize Steer Planet will knock your socks off!!!

grandchamp58

Why would you even post something like this on the site that you would be competing against? ???

ferkj

chucksam said:

Yeah!! One totally different than this one that you bashed as being full of common do nothing crippled calves when you posted in the spring looking for steers.

Yeah! Then you can bash them on the inferiority of those cattle compared to the all the products of your virgin Hollywood heifer flush.

Yeah! The heck with that silly little thing called the first amendment.  We can just have you censor everything so it suites your expert opinion
What do you think???

Stick with what you do best in blog spot promotion and leave the show cattle site work to someone that knows how to do it and is doing a fine job with steerplanet!!!!!!!

jason

(lol)  I'll leave it up.  I was actually being quite nice to chucksam when he first started posting his blog posts, I would leave them up for a bit before moving to the marketing forum.

That is the main difference you will see here and elsewhere, I have no problem with people advertising their cattle or business.  I want to help you.  The reason this site is successful is the users, so why wouldn't I do everything I can to help you out.

Most people don't understand this.  The first thing they do is create a website and find out how much money they can charge (this only works if you are providing a unique service or have a competitive advantage).  I do obviously have paid advertising now, but didn't start it until 2009, and our server bill went sky high 2 years ago after the move to a vps.

I can 100% tell you I would be in deficit if you took the amount of hours I spent on the site (developing, coding, phone calls, emails) with the revenue it generates.  I enjoy working on the site and I really enjoy when someone tells me they had success in connecting with a buyer.

I can attest this is the "right" way to do things.  During the fall private treaty season we are hitting over 40,000 unique visitors a month routinely and we are literally up every year.

Sorry for the rant, I will step down from the soapbox.

chucksam

ferkj said:
chucksam said:

Yeah!! One totally different than this one that you bashed as being full of common do nothing crippled calves when you posted in the spring looking for steers.

Yeah! Then you can bash them on the inferiority of those cattle compared to the all the products of your virgin Hollywood heifer flush.

Uhhhhmmmmmmm, you should NEVER virgin flush a heifer!! That's completely overrated! Lol my future donor Miss Holly is bred to I-80.

And the cattle aw just not what we need to sell. I was trying to discuss that!

Yeah! The heck with that silly little thing called the first amendment.  We can just have you censor everything so it suites your expert opinion
What do you think???

Stick with what you do best in blog spot promotion and leave the show cattle site work to someone that knows how to do it and is doing a fine job with steerplanet!!!!!!!
Uhmmmm, you should NEVER virgin flush a heifer!! That's completely overrated! Lol my future donor Miss Holly is bred to I-80.

And the cattle aw just not what we need to sell. I was trying to discuss that!