Kansas Junior Livesock Show

Help Support Steer Planet:

Torch

Sale of 61 lots Saturday evening went well. Nothing under $1000 as in past years. But I saw many of the lots loaded up on the seller/breeders trailers so wondering if some had floor bids and not really sold.

rackranch

I'm certain this happens at most sells..
Torch said:
Sale of 61 lots Saturday evening went well. Nothing under $1000 as in past years. But I saw many of the lots loaded up on the seller/breeders trailers so wondering if some had floor bids and not really sold.

carman

Haley Garten was champion with a Charolais steer raised by Scott Garten and Reserve was mobley's not sure who raised it

Torch

BGF said:
Maybe I am not able to find it but that only listed breed champions, but who actually won the shows?

For the heifer results:
http://www.kjls.org/ShowYear/2010/Results/Results_Heifers.pdf

For the steer results:
http://www.kjls.org/ShowYear/2010/Results/Results_Steers.pdf

rackranch said:
I'm certain this happens at most sells..
Torch said:

So am I. It should be announced if there is a floor price. So how many of the bids on those animals were not real money bids? Seems dishonest. JMO

Steered

OK I am confused.  The link to the steer class results doesn't have Haley Garten or Mobly as even showing steers.   ???  There is a Haley Lauer shown as the Charolais champion.
I'm soooo confused!!!!!!

wfq

Champ Steer was Haley Lauer with a Charolais.  Reserve was Cody Hrabe with a X-bred
Champ Heifer was Cole Hanna with a AOB.  Reserve was Grady Dickerson with a Charolais

dink

1,309 lb. grand champion steer brought $13,982 . The reserve grand champion steer, a 1,274 lb. crossbred shown by Cody Hrabe  sold
for $7,823. A total of 114 steers was exhibited at KJLS

jmwillia

the cattle looked pretty good on the rail, there were two head that graded prime. over 30 head that were choice out of 50 some head.