kids and stupidity

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

So I love my kids but sometimes I wonder, he licked a post tonight, it is 6 F. out tonight.

firesweepranch

Our first or second year living in Missouri my daughter was working with her steer, trying to scratch him with the show stick (he was not halter broke, we were working with him), and when the steer sniffed the stick, it stuck to his nose for several seconds before falling. We laughed so hard, we almost wet our pants (it was below freezing). Then we turn around, and our daughter is giggling nervously... seems she wanted to see what would happen if she put her wet tongue against the pipe corral and she got stuck! She whined incessantly while my husband and I laughed even harder, and when we were able to gain our composure we had to get a cup of warm water to run over the pipe. She had a red spot on her tongue for days after that!!!

Bradenh

it was on his to do list and he just wanted to get that off of his back before the new year so he can start fresh (lol)

linnettejane

did you get any pics?  lol  you know...so he could have a constant reminder of the consequences of doing "stupid" things... <cowboy>

cowz

frostback said:
So I love my kids but sometimes I wonder, he licked a post tonight, it is 6 F. out tonight.

Norma, just wait,....it gets even better!

Hilltop

frostback said:
Honestly my husband just reminded me he has done it before. I am soooo proud.
                                        Must be an inherited thing...................... My husband did it.......and......my daughter did it too.... :eek: :eek: ::) ::)

frostback

So I asked him 24 hours after the incident and he actually had to think about the answere. :'(
20ish head on the hill without the kids is sounding like fun.

cowz

frostback said:
So I asked him 24 hours after the incident and he actually had to think about the answere. :'(
20ish head on the hill without the kids is sounding like fun.
Are you helping the Brad and Carol show?

kobo_ranch

Our boys all time FAV movie (hate to admit this) is 'Dumb & Dumber'  (the original).... but if any of you haven't seen it there's a scene about the tongue thing. 
Looks so painful, lucky for us it doesn't get cold enough for it to happen down here so they never tried it...  although the movie taught em its a pretty dumb (and painful) thing to do!  (lol)

GoWyo

american honey said:
how dose it shock you??

Electrons travel up the pee stream faster than pee stream leaves point of exit.  Perhaps showsteernc did not have a steady stream or was not adequately grounded.  Or, and I apologize for being unable to resist this suggestion, but perhaps there just wasn't enough there to shock.  :eek: