Kid's heifer pics

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davidsonranch

Clipped her today getting ready for our Labor Day fair.  Simmy/angus heifer born March 2011.  Currently bred to Grandmaster. Not too bad for being out in the sagebrush for the past two months.  Smokey in the picture.  We have the 85,000 acre Berry Point Fire about a mile behind our house.
IMG_0271.jpg

Boot Jack Bulls

Muddy Creek Show Cattle said:
She really looks good! Congrats! Hope the fire avoids you!
X2! She should be really great when she bellies down and that rear flank starts to drop! Best of luck getting through the fire!

Davidsonranch

Thanks everyone, we have been excited about her.  The fire appears to be getting closer to contained.  But the smoke and fire being so close to home sure has effected the feeding / eating of all the cattle.  Poor air quality and stress I guess.

oakie

I wonder who sold you that pile, I'd ask for my money back ;)  She's looking really good. I still don't like her sister as much as I do her but she's not a junker.  I'm excited to see how she does at fair! Is shelby getting excited? How is Kevin looking?

vc

She looks like what a future cow should look like, I bet she only gets better with time. I would be proud to call her mine.

Good luck with her

Davidsonranch

Thanks everyone.  I wish I had a video of me and my friends on horseback trying to catch her out in the sage country. Between running out of pasture and the fire, we moved her to some safer ground. She got a little "call of the wild" when out in the open country and with some of our range cows.  It took 3 horses and one hell of a roper (not me) to finally get her.  Once caught she was back to old self.  My 9 year old girl will be showing her on Labor Day.  The chrome on her belley sometimes makes her not look as deep, but overall we are excited to have her and look forward to some of her babies.  I have a few straws of Dream On I want to try on her if she turns out to be a good mama.  And thanks Sam (Oakie) for selling her to us. 

oakie

Survival instincts, lol. I'm glad she came back in, we're going to try and make it to your fair, it's like next week isn't it?

LostFarmer

Might be just the way she is standing but it looks like she toes out on the back legs.  Tight at the hocks and toes out?  Might just be my eyes and the picture. 

Davidsonranch

Yes Sam, our fair weigh in is on the 30th.  The kids then show on the 31st and 1st.
Lost Farmer- she does not toe out in the back, but one thing I don't really care for on her is she is really "hauchy" if that makes sense. Has a lot of crook and bend in her hauch. Not straight legged.  But I thought that might be OK if we ever breed her to a straight legged clubby bull.