KJLS Entries

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jill

We just figured this up for a speech Logan did.  Fitters are around 125 dollars a day + expenses, we go to approx. 25 shows per year for a yearly cost of 2500, my kids have 15 more years to show so that would figure around 37,500 + expenses.  We went to the Stierwalt Clinic at a cost of 200 + expenses (and we'll probably go again) so we figured that was a very good investment!

M Bar

Fit job costs depend on where we are and how many we have.  If it's a "punkin pull" weekend spring outing, then we do it ourselves.  If it's the National Western and we have 6 head, I will usually hire two folks to help.  $150 per day X 2 guys / 6 head is $50.00 per head.  That is only when we are desperate.  At the large shows, there is a whole lotta "quid pro quo" that goes on between breeds.  We help out other folks, and they help us.  This is generally a good way to keep expenses down as most of the folks that I hang out with are tight wads and we have to help each other out so we have gas money to get home.  The other reason is that it brings good commoradory to many breeders in the barn.  Nothing like getting your picture taken behind a backdrop for 2 to 3 different breeds of cattle.  Ones you show, and ones your freinds show.  P.S.  I miss the shearmaster clippers.  There should be a rule that fitting cattle should have a max time in the chute of 25 minutes.  Can't stay on my knees as long as I used to................

kanshow

Jill... same building, different purpose??

WinnersLineup2.jpg

aj

jimmyski....I got to wondering....on page 1 you thought it was smaller than you thought it would be.Were you talking about the reception or the keg. ;D