Knowledge of this bull??

Help Support Steer Planet:

EaglesNest

Does anyone know about Seven T's King George?
Came across his pedigree today, was wondering if anyone knows if this bull was ever collected?
Any knowledge of this sire appreciated. Thanks

EaglesNest

Thanks guys.  You are right Taylor Family Shorthorns are in Vici, OK. I'll check with them.  (thumbsup)

sue

His sire Clipper King of USA was campaigned as the first homozygous polled shorthorn bull .

cflem

7T's was Vic Taylor at Yukon, OK.  The herd was dispersed about 10 years ago.  Vic lives in El Reno, OK.    They raised some really good Shorthorns thru the 70's to about 2000 or a little later.  Was one of the owners of the original Leggs bull.  Raised a bull that Granada promoted in the 80's named 7T's Greg.

OH Breeder

This is one of the only pics I have ever been able to find that is 7T's. I keep a file on my computer of bulls. Anytime I get an oldy. I save it.

Clipper King sired the bull below as well.

Attachments

• 7T's King Ambrosex.jpg
    7T's King Ambrosex.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 236

justintime

I remember Seven T's King George but don't remember much about his offspring. The Seven T's herd bred some good cattle especially in the 60s through the mid 80s. I always felt their cattle were never appreciated as well as the should have been. Seven T's Greg was probably the last bull they raised that created a stir when he appeared on the scene. I remember finding him in Denver and being impressed enough that I asked for a price to purchase him. They priced him at $30,000 in the stall. I had 3 partners willing to go together to purchase him and by the time I had contacted them all, and they had agreed we should purchase him, I headed back to the stall only to see Ric Hoyt finalizing a deal on him. That year was weird for us in Denver, as we really were trying to buy a bull and we missed out on 3 bulls in basically the same fashion.

cflem

JT, David Jett and I had the Greg bull in Denver for Vic that year.  It was pretty interesting to watch people come by and then come back for more looks.  David showed him in class and then Vic got the deal made and Rex Tribbitt showed him in division drive.  I think he was Res. division.  He was a July yearling and weighed 2150 in Denver.  We also had a white Jan. bull calf that was 3rd in class and him and Greg won the pair of bulls class.