Koiti Tracters

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shady Lane

Let me preface my comments by first mentioning that I am a Sales Consultant for a rather large conglomerate of John Deere dealers.
  Further to that, let me mention that I have essentially no direct experience with the Kioti brand, they are most definitely not a major "threat" or competitor in my trade area so I do not know that particular product inside and out by any means.
  That said I will throw in my $0.02 since I do have a little bit of experience in the tractor business. So call my oppinion biased if you like, but I really don't have a horse in this race, just experience in the business with a few different manufactures. Like I said I presently sell for Deere but previously sold the New Holland product so am familliar with the CNH offering as well. Prior to that I was involved somewhat with the Agco company primarily through the Loral and Willmar lines of application equipment.

Obviously people have a varried oppinion when it comes to tractor brands, if that weren't the case their would only be one brand of tractor on the market.
  Frankly I believe that there are a lot of very good products being offered by the different manufacturers these days.
However I think the thing to keep in mind  is really what factors are driving your purchase decision? Why are you drawn to the Kioti brand?
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the #1 factor pushing you towards Kioti is price? If it weren't for price wouldyou still be buying a Kioti? As we all know the initial purchase price when buying a piece of equipment is only one factor that equates to the "total cost of ownership" over the life span of a piece of equipment. How long do you plan on owning this piece for and how much use will it get per year?

While there may be a lot of similarities in products when comparing tractor to tracto, trust me when I say that not every tractor COMPANY is created equal and neither is every tractor dealership.

Where was the Kioti brand in your area 5 years ago? 10 years ago? What is their track record for holding their resale value? What about the dealersip? How long have they been in business? What is the parts availabillity and turnaround time? What is the track record with that dealership in terms of warranty claims and product support?

If you can't tell, my point is that you would likely be much better off to purchase a used tractor from a well known brand then to buy an "off-brand" tractor that may be new even though you could be talking about similar dollars.

An older mainstream tractor would likely depreciate very little over the period of ownership (particularily a Deeere) compared to the Kioti or something similar.

There is a reason Deeer has been in business well over 100 years and remains to be the only independant tractor company of it's kind and has remained so for generations.

We are in a time when we are seeing a CONTRACTION in the equipment market place, I would hazzard a guess that we will see fewer manufactures tha will produce MORE equipment while some of the small manufactures will drop off the map. LIkewise with equipment dealers, more dealers are amalgamating and getting bigger while the smaller dealerships are being absorbed.

So where do you see Kioti in 5 years? 10 years? What about your local Kioti dealer?

John Deere typically accounts for approximately 60% of the market share in the AG sector while every other manufacturer fights for the remaining 40%. I think it would be a pretty safe bet that Deere will still be in business 10 years down the road and that alone will protect your investment SUBSTANTIALLY.

We could argue all day about who produces the best tractor and like I said, I believe there are a lot of products on the market with merit, but if you want my oppinion Deere is the best tractor COMPANY out there and this is how they have gotten into the position they are in and why they will remain that way.

Food for thought.

bolt

This is an interestion subject here.  I can say that in the last five years i have set up and started honestly 250 kinzie planters and the best tractor to deal with has to be hands down the MX case but anyways with that thought.    Loader tractors now.  My father in law is a dairy farmer that is the hardest on a loader tractor of any one i have ever seen.  John Deere, Massey, agco what ever.  It doesn't matter which one they all break and they all cost to much to fix.  I'm not kidding they run and get worked 12 hours a day hard i mite add.  The repair cost was eating him up to be honest.  I deal with equipment every day ag and constructon its with my way to the bills.  We came up with an idea and it has worked out great for him.  He bought a good used back hoe pulled off the hoe sold it and uses that.  when he sold the hoe it almost paid for the whole unit.  The thing was built to push dirt all day so waste and hay are nothing for.  He bought a case with the 3.9 cummins in it so engine parts are cheap and easy to get.  The loader its self is fast and easy to run.  visibility is awesome the shuttle works great and its a fast machine.  U work it just as hard, longer and u have alot less break downs period.  I'm not saying it is for every one but for a dairy man it sure has saved him time and a bunch of money.    As far as the Koiti tractor wouldn't own one.  It comes down to this parts and service period.  Its hard enough to fix things right with just parts but u need a person u trust to help u with service as far as doing service or asking questions.  I have no dought that there are better deals on tractors but u need to think to yourself everything will break but how in the heck do i get it fixed.

afhm

[/quote]get an older jd they run as good or better as any new tractor they are heavier made and cheap
[/quote]

They run good but not necessarily cheap. A clean or even a well used JD 4020 will cost you as much today then they did new, and many cases more.