KSU Football... the "Miracle Maker" is back!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

Davis Shorthorns

On rivals.com they are saying that coach Bill Snyder is going to come back to coaching at KSU next season there will be a press conference Monday to announce it for sure.  I hope that he can do again what he did in the late 90's.  Watch out if he can. 

GO CATS!!!

itk

Of course he can do it again if he gets the Stoops brothers, Mangio, Venables, Bennet, Leavitt and the rest of the assistants he had over the years to come back. Did the administration forget how burnt out he was at the end, what a poor job he did at recruiting and he left after a losing season. Snyder did unbelievable things here but I don't think that kind of lighting can strike twice.

aj

For once I am kinda with itk on this one. ;D I kinda wonder if it is just a deal to set up for the next head coach. Snyder could play coach a couple years untill he could hand pick the new guy. He would get the new guy either from his staff or from the coaching market in the next couple years outside of the organization. This would give them flexibility in picking the next one instead of just having to make a right now decision. Who knows....he has the reputation of making head coaches out of his assistants. He may have a list of assistents lined up ready to make a go of it. I wouldn't be surprised if he has 3 or 4 lined up right now before the press conference. I'm with itk(that hurts) I just don't think he is the long term answer.

RSC

Davis Shorthorns said:
On rivals.com they are saying that coach Bill Snyder is going to come back to coaching at KSU next season there will be a press conference Monday to announce it for sure.  I hope that he can do again what he did in the late 90's.  Watch out if he can. 

GO CATS!!!

The mess that Prince left him will not be easy to clean up.  With last years recruiting class being almost all Jucos and trying to fill this class now, it could take a while to get the talent developed.

RSC

milliron s

Tim Wieser needs to be drug out of the Big XII office and lenched for putting K-State in this position. His is nothing but a weasel  who's bruised ego and pride made him hire a coach who was not qualified to coach a high school program. RP was not the right person for the job to begin with. IMO Coach Snyder will be there for a two or three year period until he can groom or hand pick his successor. Every man a WILDCAT, GO K-STATE.

aj

If the cats would have been bowl elgible would prince still be coach though? Like the colorado game they just didn't get it done. I do hope Harold, Freeman, Childs and etc. do stay. I don't know that they loose a lot of guys. I just wish they could find a dominant nose tackle type.Kike Mcintosh was way back. They need a guy like Suh for instance. A leroy Selmon type that just dominates up front. They are so hard to find. I think they have some guys to make a run at it next year. Moore will play on Sundays. Freeman's got one year left. A lot of offense linemen will be back. Woody Hayes was once asked how he was so wise. He replied...300 pound offensive lineman made me wise. GO CATS.

red

I know, I'm hijacking the thread but it's AJ's fault for mentioning Woody Hayes!
The Bucks broke a record by defeating MI five years in a row under Tressel.

kanshow

Any idea how long Snyder intends to stay this time?  I'm guessing one year.. two tops.  I'm just hoping they get their act together & get someone lined up who can follow him in this time. 

Recent football at KState brings back all the memories of when I was in school...  You could not GIVE a ticket away, you could lay on the bleachers, and that was before all the big stand renovations. 

itk

If we needed something to do on a Saturday afternoon growing up my folks always took us to KSU football games because they would just let you in, no tickets needed. Snyder will get the boosters excited again and I would think all of the players will stay since most of them would be comfortable with him. I hope KSU has some long term plan they are not telling us about because this is looking like a short term fix. It is amazing they didn't even bring in any coaches for interviews. I wish Venables would take a job in the Big 12 north so he can kick our butt every year. I find it unbelievable that KSU has passed on him twice.

Aj if you want to start a post about how great the Durham Red program is we can start disagreeing again. ;D

kanshow

Tickets were like $3.00 but they'd let you in  free after the first quarter.  Usually at that point the Cats were so far behind most of the paying fans were already leaving...      Aww the days of the BIG 8.    The only time the stadium was crowded was on Band Day. 

jason

I have mixed feelings, love Bill Snyder, but would have liked to go after Venables.  I really thought they were still hiring Patterson, just kinda of those where the coach denies it even though there is a deal in place.  Will see, hope he gets some good assistant coaches.  I doubt Freeman stays, unless stock is too low.

aj

It seems like k-state never gets the top blue chip recruits. There success hinges on getting in the no name recruits that turn out to be overachievers and whatnot. Dang if Freeman doesn't come back is he going pro or elsewhere. I have heard that state is recruiting a scrambling type quarterback that is like a junior in high school that is a roberson type. But I don't know who.

itk

The number 3 HS prospect in the country is from Wichita and he is heading to Miami. Shame on both Kansas programs for not getting him to stay in state. I can think of another back from Wichita who went out of state his name was Barry Sanders. Darren Sproles, Terance Newman, Monty Biesel, John Mcgraw and Jordy Nelson are the biggest names to come out of KSU and they are all in-state kids. For a guy from Junction City Prince had no clue how to get local talent. Snyder should get instate recruiting back on track. I hate to beat a dead horse but Venables is from Salina so he would have in state connections and he is also responsible for getting all the Texas talent for OU so I'm sure he could do the same for his old stomping ground. Maybe the whole Snyder hiring is a cover for another coach who doesn't want the fact that he accepted the job announced until the end of the year.

Davis Shorthorns

They said yesterday that he signed a 5 year contract.  As for the asst. coaches, there is talk about him bringing back Phil Bennett and I agree that he probably will have some of the best next asst. coaches lining up to work for him.  Also bringing back some of the 98 team to help coach would be great.  At least have them help recruit.

aj

Venables has no head coach experience was his downfall one guy told me. Where was terrence from? Kansas only has what 1.5 million people in the state.So number wise we are hamstrung. Nebraska is the only game in the state and they usually get the good ones in state. You have to recruit out of state for the most part but you should get some from Kansas. What was the story...Sproles wanted to play at K.U. but they didn't want him so he ended up at K-State. I watched a repkay the other day of the 98 team and they had a awfull solid offensive line. It is hard to compete in the big 12 but not in the North. I hope Synder knows what he is doing and he is not just hanging on. Maybe he could bring Jim Bob Clemons over from the K.U. staff. I live closer to C.U. than ksu so news is hard to come by. I don't know if next years schedule is out or not. Maybe he is after Joe Paterno's age record. They have tried to run him out of town several times. As far as I'm concerned Snyder is god but he has a war in front of him.

itk

Newman is from Salina. I guess Prince didn't have head coaching experience when he started but neither did Snyder so flip a coin and take a chance. It would be incredible if Snyder could get some of the old assistants and players who are now coaches to come back. The only problem would be how many of them they could afford to bring back the stock on most of them has increased since their days in Manhattan.