Lambrecht Chevrolet Sale

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shorthorns4us

Ok- Steerplanet members from the Pierce NE area-- what is the story with this dealer?

I am watching the History channel special about the sale right now and can't believe what I am seeing! 
Did the rest of the family finally say- "ok, we want our money- get rid of the cars" 

Who has the story on this dealer?
Only in the Midwest!  LOL

EF

mark tenenbaum

Some of the prices were unreal. You can buy running semi-restored 57 chevy 4 doors for 10-$11. I didnt see the Cameo sell-but the plain 6 cyl apache at $45000 seemed like a pile of money considereing it would need another $20000 min. in restoration.The big block 72 Monte Carlo was alot of $ too-although very rare. O0

BTDT

Just saw a blurb on GMA. It was a storage area for "dealer overstock and over flow".  Many of the vehicles had less than 10 miles on them.  Some even still had the plastic on the seats, which I found odd, since most plastic sitting in the sun will get soft and brittle, but anyway.

My question is why wasn't they sold before this??

mark tenenbaum

This was inadvertently one of the best (non) promotions of a sale Ive seen-at least involving collector cars-They probably didnt need to sell anything-but were tired of dirtballs vandalizing etc-good job local cops. O0

Tallcool1

It is about an hour from me, and I am in the car business.

People in the area have known about the collection for years and years.  I have had friends "beg" to go in and buy stuff, but the couple that owned all of it were just not interested in selling. 

Not all of the vehicles were parked out in the weeds...some of them were stored inside for most of their existence.  Some actually ran.

I am no expert in collectible cars, but I know more about them than the average person.  I would say that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for the people that bought vehicles and other collectibles, and the fact that the items were tied to this sale made them worth a whole lot more money.

There was of course some vandalism over the years, but many of these vehicles were just plain fleeced along the way.

Pretty cool deal...we estimated the sale to gross in excess of $4,000,000 and the BUYERS paid the fees.  I wonder if the family paid ANY fees at all.  They may have actually walked with all of the cash.

Latest posts