Launter Bulls 2010

Help Support Steer Planet:

BIGTEX

WOW! Lots of good looking bulls! Indian Outlaw, Smoke and Mirrors, Texas Twister, Trading Favors, Mile High and Maxim look great! Much better line up than last year.IMO

old timer

I agree... they look real  good.  I did not make it to Denver, were any of these there.  I'm more than a little skeptical of these photoshopped pictures and like to at least hear what people thought the saw them in the flesh.

BIGTEX

old timer said:
I agree... they look real  good.  I did not make it to Denver, were any of these there.  I'm more than a little skeptical of these photoshopped pictures and like to at least hear what people thought the saw them in the flesh.

Not to mention the fit jobs!

qbcattle

They look as good as you can make'em...which is exactly what I dont like about them.
1. They have been on feed their entire life
2. Trimmed to the hilt
3. Photoshopped till perfect

Its hard to tell what lies under the hair, as well as what kind of wheels they are riding on, but great looking pictures none-the-less

afhm

I sure like Cold Snap, Indian Outlaw, trading Favors and jesse james.  I wonder when the rest of they will have pictures posted of the rest of their new bulls.

Alpha

Cold Snap is to short spined for be...... my favorite is Maxim clean front, long neck, depth of rib, low flank, good hair, very eye appealing..... would like to see him in person

NDC

Where does it show the status of the bulls Indian outlaw didn't show any results

GM

I really need to see some of these guys in person.  The back legs on Maxim, Texas Twister, Trading Favors, and Smoke and Mirrors seem unreal.  I'm sure most is hair and clipping, but wow it seems out of this world.  Has anyone seen them in person...how much of this is fitting and how much is genetics?

hamburgman

What's cool about Indian Outlaw (we have cows like this) is you can breed for red or black baldies, red or blue roans, as well as whites.  So it really allows you to have a variety if you know what you cows hair color genetics are.

knabe

one must remember that what kind of cow you need to breed to these bulls and why in general, you don't want females out of them.

that said, they have their place, and it's not in herds for replacements. 

Attachments

• real bull.jpg
    real bull.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 623

knabe

people who use these bulls know in general who he and his type are, are not afraid to use them and yes, he lives at a stud farm, has been jumped, don't know how often and yes.

i would never have the insight to create him or courage to use him.

he is deceptively very open fronted.  if you walked around him, you would be shocked.  his pelvis is extremely boxy, and i've rarely seen a more cute headed animal.  he also is probably the most structurally incorrect on his feet of any animal i have ever seen in my life.  i couldn't really see it in his shoulders and pelvis as i didn't have enough time to analyze him.  he is the opposite of what i typically see in splaying out up front, in that i feel it is because of his open front rather than being pinched in his heart girth with his elbows in which is, in my opinion, a leading cause, well symptom of splay footedness.